Bug: AD crashes for conversion of portrait video

Started by pstein, April 27, 2014, 07:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pstein

So ok, here is a sample:

http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/30991622/file.html

How do I re-encode this under 64bit Win7 (not Linux!) this with a minimum of extra clicks in Avidemux?

Jan Gruuthuse

It looks like developer intervention is required with this video.
This video can't be coded with
Mpeg4 AVC (x264) and Mpeg4 ASP (xvid4) protests about
QuoteVideo
Cannot setup codec. Bitrate too low

Mpeg4 ASP (ff) seems to work fine with your required settings.

endresult: 8.6 MB download (right click save as) https://www.dropbox.com/s/axsi2hqdf1981lw/480x853-1700Kbps-160Kbps.mp4

find attached the Tinypy job
load video then from Menu: File: Tinypy Project: Run Project and select job
done on Linux, no idea if this works on Windows like it is
If this job does work you could save this in the folder custom, need to search for it with windows file browser, don't know where it sits in window.
You can then access this job directly from Menu: Custom   (2 mouse clicks to load these settings or settings you saved yourself)

AQUAR

@ Jan Gruuthuse
I noticed that the windows 32 bit builds do not have OpenGL enabled.
Unlike the 64 bit builds that do have OpenGL enabled.

No problem with this portrait video on my machines with OpenGL or Default Raster rendering.

@ pstein
I'll test your video on my windows PC's

AQUAR

Had a quick look on my core2duo PC: Same result as per Jan's post.
Remux with MKVToolnix/MKVMerge: Same dice.
Extract only the audio and video streams with MKVCleaver and remux into MKV: Result is fully recodable by Avidemux.

MKVCleaver has helped me before with stubborn media files.
Not exactly sure why MKVCleaver is different than MKVMerge (they both are just front ends for the MKVToolnix utilities).
I guess MKVCleaver route strips more stuff out of the video stream.

Difference between the 2 remuxed MKV files is that the MKVCleaver version results in the display height set to 854 pixels.
At least in the container meta data for display aspect (hopefully it matches that in the AVC stream).

Anyway: easy workaround
Load file into avidemux - copy copy into MKV - extract audio/video with MKVcleaver - remux extracted with MKVmerge - gives original audio/video in MKV -reload into avidemux for recoding/editing.