News:

--

Main Menu

AviDemux 2.6.7 Video Playback No Audio

Started by gonwk, February 23, 2014, 01:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonwk

Hi AviDemux Team,

I hope I am posting in the correct Thread.

FYI, my laptop runs on Vista Home Prem., SP2, X64.  I also like using your Portable version of your program. I use both X32 and X64 versions of your program.

Couple of problems ... hope someone can help ...

1) Since AviDemux 2.5.6-1 ... none of the later version have Audio playback ... what I mean I drag and drop an MP4 file ... YouTube MP4 ... and when I try to play back the video in AviDemux ... I see the Video ... BUT there is NO Audio.

2) I just downloaded the Latest AviDemux Nightly "AviDemux 2.6.7 r9024 (X32) Portable" and used it ... same problem ... No Audio ... BUT now also another problem ... I can Not use the Slider Bar to move it and choose different point in the movie.

Q1: Is there a version that Audio Does Play ... you know to hear the Sound!?!?
Is it possible that this problem is only because of the Portable version?

Q2: If you recommend the Installer version ... which is more Stable ... x32 or x64?

Thanks,

G!  :)

mean

Make sure that preferences->audio is set to win32

AQUAR

If audio=win32 still gives no sound output then upload a small sample to a file sharing site.
I'll check if avidemux outputs audio from your sample on my PC.
Might be able to better help after that.

gonwk

Quote from: mean on February 23, 2014, 06:50:43 AM
Make sure that preferences->audio is set to win32

Hi AQUAR,

YOU are A GENIUS!  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You ... this was driving me Crazy!  Worked like a Charm.

The thing was set to "Dummy" instead of "Win32" ... why would that be a Standard Option ... go figure!  ???

Appreciate the Help!

G!  :)