After avi saved in avidemux sound is not synced

Started by cimenta, May 01, 2014, 10:14:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cimenta

Hi

I opened and edited avi in Avidemux but after save the sound is off sync.

If I play the original  avi in VLC it is ok. If I open the original avi in Avidemux the sound is already off sync.

Using 2.6 64bit version on Windows7

Could some one help?

Thank you

R

Jan Gruuthuse

What audio device is used in vlc settings?
Do you have a choice of audio device in avidemux:
Menu: Edit: Preferences: [Audio]
AudioDevice: [ xxxxxxxx]
What setting is local playback downmixing?
If you save small speech sample of that video and play that back in vlc, is the sync issue there to?

If you still have issues with this kind of avi, upload a 20 MB sample to a publicly available download. (no login/subscription)
Perhaps a developer or user(s) have a look at it and see what is going on.

cimenta

Hi

thank you for your reply.

I did  not change any setting in vlc nor in Avidemux.

VLC - not sure what settings you are referring to. Preferences - Audio - Output module - Automatic
Avidemux
- I have a choice of dummy and win32
- Local playback downmixing is set to Pro Logic. There are other options like nodownmixing, stereo and Pro LogicII.

I have only this 1.4GB avi file.

I cut some part of the original avi off and then saved and played in VLC and then I realized there was the sync issue.

Thank you

R.

Update: I changed the Local Playback Downmixing to Stereo and now Avidemux plays the video ok. I'm going to try to edit and save the avi. Thank you for your help. Any explanation?

cimenta

UPDATE.

so after I save the sound gets off the sync.

R.

zakk

zakk

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: cimenta on May 01, 2014, 10:46:00 AM
Update: I changed the Local Playback Downmixing to Stereo and now Avidemux plays the video ok. I'm going to try to edit and save the avi. Thank you for your help. Any explanation?
Most likely combination of:
(lacking) hardware / audio codec / audio processing of audio stream / makes this going out of sync in playback.
Sometime you can notice this effect to also playing dolby track on dvd / blu-ray via a/v receiver and using simultaneous audio from flat screen tv. This causes most of the time echo as stereo needs less processing power and is delivered faster then ac3 track.

AQUAR

@ cimenta

It might be usefull to provide more information about this .avi file.
Mediainfo is a free utility that will analyse media files and provide such details.
Its very easy to use. You get it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/files/binary/mediainfo-gui/