News:

--

Main Menu

Two video tracks.

Started by yami, October 28, 2014, 06:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yami

Hi, I am having trouble with this ts (Sample here: https://mega.co.nz/#!etpWEJBS!OYEw91hdwQ2PZrIIsAFbfW5LyBs8v2GTvmXZ2LZsjFM )
The ts should be 1.440x1.080 pixel, but Avidemux (2.6.8, and others too, all on Mac OS X.9.5, Macbook Pro) will display and work with 320x180 pixel only. As you see in the specs report of the sample:

General
ID : 32230 (0x7DE6)
Complete name : sample_from_yami_avidemux.ts
Format : MPEG-TS
File size : 19.1 MiB
Duration : 9s 22ms
Start time : UTC 2013-03-24 17:29:47
End time : UTC 2013-03-24 17:29:52
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 17.3 Mbps
Network name : 0&CN6

Video #1
ID : 256 (0x100)
Menu ID : 33840 (0x8430) / 33841 (0x8431) / 33842 (0x8432)
Format : MPEG Video
Format version : Version 2
Format profile : Main@High
Format settings, BVOP : Yes
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
Codec ID : 2
Duration : 8s 976ms
Bit rate mode : Variable
Maximum bit rate : 24.0 Mbps
Width : 1 440 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Interlaced
Scan order : Top Field First
Compression mode : Lossy
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Video #2
ID : 2177 (0x881)
Menu ID : 34224 (0x85B0)
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L1.2
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : 27
Duration : 6s 874ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Nominal bit rate : 219 Kbps
Width : 320 pixels
Height : 180 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Variable
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive

(Audio and Menu)

there are two video tracks and, well, Avidemux choses the low resolution one and I can't do a thing about it. VLC (I know, this program will eat anything) finds the 1080p track, Handbreak too (though, when you need to cut stuff and deinterlace and all,  Handbreak is hmmm - not exactly what you want...).
So, is there any way that Avidemux lets me chose tracks for the video too or somthing the likes (Or could you implement that)? Or couldn't it interpret the first track and therefore chose the other?
Cheers, Yami :)

AQUAR

I checked this sample with toolnix:  Found B frame without second reference in a non closed GOP. Fix the MPEG2 video stream before attempting to multiplex it.

Anyway - you could delete the low resolution video by remuxing (only include the high resolution video).
I tried tsmuxer (windows program), and despite the discontinuities it works fine on your sample.
Don't know of anything like that for a Mac but maybe you have access to a windows based PC.

The low resolution video is h264 and maybe its preferenced somewhere in the headers that define this transport stream.

Jan Gruuthuse

Weird: VLC plays the high resolution, avidemux takes the low resolution.
Perhaps a fast solution could be MKVToolNix there is a section about MacOS X 10.x
Article on fosshub. You would need (mkvmerge GUI) for ease of use. Drag and drop videos on to it and select the wanted streams to output in .mkv container. From then on avidemux should handle these.
If you come across videos that can't be edited by avidemux: try re encoding with HandBrake For Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 (Intel 64bit only)

AQUAR

VLC and Windows Media Player was the first thing I tried on the sample.
Both showed only the high resolution track and the low res video track was no where to be seen.
TSmuxer shows the first track to be the low res.
MediaInfo shows the first track to be the high res.
Maybe an inconsistency in various headers used to convey track info - Mean would be able to tell.   

MKVToolNix may not work on this Media file.
Based on that it's complaining that the mpeg2 video in the sample is broken and needs repairing first.
Hopefully it was just a cut edit problem.

Remuxing I think is always the better first option to recoding.
Would be interested if Hanbrake sees video track 1 or 2 or both.
(Don't use handbrake anymore since it dropped support for older codecs!)

yami

Handbreak did recognize the 1440x1080 track too. I tried that, but the deinterlacing options are very fragmentary, so the outcome was rather... shitty.
MkvToolnix couldn't cope with the ts (at least MKVMerge GUI couldn't), I tried that too.
There is an old version of tsMuxer for Mac (I had forgotten about that, actually), but it had problems with the ts too.
Well, I have a Win7 in VirtualBox, which, with the 2.6.12 version of tsMuxer did the trick. I got rid of both the confusing tracks (video + audio) from the embedded 320x180 and Avidemux neatly let me cut and encode the stream :) So, this is a good workaround I think. Thanks for the tip! Next test is a ts, where Avidemux doesn't find the audio track, even though there is one ^^ .

Besides, are you guys planning or playing with the thought of porting one or the other filter of VapourSyth for Avidemux? I think, quite a few of them actually are ports from AviSynth, but still. I have been eying on VapourSynth for a while, but being who I am - too much of a 'GUI-user' for Avisyth and as I have heard, Vapour is even more geeky... - I simply won't get along with it XD. I heard, they have some useful filters to work with streams of old VHS-tapes.

Edit: Yes, the audio of the said second stream now is recognized too by Avidemux. Cool :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Handbrake has many options: Mostly I use to android device, once you know what you need ...
MKVmerge worked here flawless, see attached screen shots and link to end result in mkv container.
MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264 holds the low resolution video
MPEG-1/2 holds high resolution video
Just un mark MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264 stream and press [Start muxing]
Endresult Download 11 MB: sample_from_yami_avidemux.mkv download don't play online. Has 4 audio tracks ;)

yami

Wow, 7.3 of Mkverge does it too... I was on 7.1 (and thought, it was the latest), which probably is, why it didn't work. Well, cool ^^ - that saves me from running Windows in a window XD.

Generally, I like using Handbreak, tbh, for hardsubs, also I like their Deblock filter (set on minimum 5), it smoothes very subtle without destroying details, nice for anime.
So far, I have been encoding my raws in 2 steps... (sounds ugly, doesn't it?): Cutting, De-interlacing, cropping resize and such in Avidemux with very high quality settings to mkv and with Handbreak to mp4 with the Deblock and the quality settings 'for real life'.
So, with Mean's August release, I think, I'll start a new testing row ^^, maybe I can reduce the Handbreak step :)
It was actually bugging me sort of. So many people by now prefer mp4 as raws, because they watch on their phones and so on. If Avidemux can do that in one step by now (the older 2.6 versions couldn't), it would be cool.