--

Main Menu

Suggestions for Avidemux GUI

Started by scootergrisen, August 05, 2016, 01:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scootergrisen

I suggest these changes:

1:
In "View > Tool bar" the audio meter is showed first in the list, but it is the last in the window if you go from top right to bottom left.
So if you move audio meter menu item to the bottom of the list it will match how the tool bars are showed in the window.

2:
Disable (grey out) menu items and buttons that are not currently useable.
Like for example Save in "File > Save" should not be selectable when no file are loaded because it is not possible to save something.

3:
When i click i certain place on the navigation i want the slider to jump to that place.
As it is right now i have to first look where the slider is and then click and drag it to the location i want to go to.

4:
Add "ms" to the last box in Go to time dialog. There are h, m, s but not ms.

5:
Add Close button to main tool bar... maybe we could ask the users what menu items/buttons they use the most and would like to see on the main tool bar?

6:
Find other solution for the checkboxes in Build options dialog tabs as they are not toggleable by the user.

Jan Gruuthuse

You are aware developers have a big time shortage.
Some stuff needs priority, cosmetics are probably on a  back burner.
1) these look sorted alphabetically, so that would be a point of personal preference.
2) that would be very time consuming weeding these out
3) another personal preference (I want)
6) these are selections made in the build process and inform the user what these are, it's only a graphical representation, not many would care if this changes at all.

Just my opinion as user, I don't speak for developers and have no idea what is on the priority list.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: scootergrisen on August 05, 2016, 01:06:59 PM
When i click i certain place on the navigation i want the slider to jump to that place.

This works exatly this way on middle click (clicking with the mouse wheel).

I generally agree that the GUI needs a lot of love, and could add a ton of items to the list, but let's face the reality: Avidemux is maintained by a single person in spare time. Complaints won't help, but patches will.

Nevertheless I do hope that the roughest edges will be smoothened prior to the next release, whenever it happens.