News:

--

Main Menu

Sound

Started by Steev, December 18, 2014, 09:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steev

I have used avidemux to cut out commercials and join up the sections I want to keep. Suddenly the sound is missing from all except the first section. What can I do to correct this problem. I am using avidemux 2.6.8 and windows 7 (64). Any help would be greatly appreciated

AQUAR

Are we talking about a DVB transport stream?

Jan Gruuthuse

Are you using this method: Edit/Cut/Trim ?(video demo, 35 MB download)
In a dvb-stream sometimes the provider drops the AC3 channel or the commercial has an auditrack audiotrack missing, these could cause that behaviour.
Or perhaps you don't cut at the keyframe.
With avidemux 2.6.x, the advice is to select the final edit point with the keyboard up or down arrow (cursor key) before marking.
- Select start/end editing point with navigation slider or Jog/shuttle.
- at the selected point using up/down arrow key (not left/right arrow keys) the cutting point.
- mark [A ] for start of selection or [ B] for end of selection.

Other possible remedy might be: remux the source video with mkvtoolnix, in case there are some flaws in the stream?

If that does not help: please upload a sample video containing a commercial break to a public available location: no login or subscription required to download: like (free dropbox account, ...)

Steev

Thanks Jan, I appreciate your detailed reply to my question. I will try it. Up to now I kind of solved it by using the audio output shift filter. It takes a little experimenting to get it right.