Queue and processing of appended videos ( py error on win64 )

Started by poutnik, January 14, 2015, 05:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poutnik

I often record 2 adjacent recordings of 2 adjacent episodes of documentary series.
Sometimes the real broadcast has time shift wrt EPG schedule. 
In worst such cases, one of the episodes is divided into 2 recordings.

If I choose Append feature and encode normally in ADM2.6 ( win64 nightly Jan 11(?)  ), the encoding is successful.
If I queue such appended processing in QT4 queue, it ends up with Python script error it cannot get/find the filesize.
Error msg is not handy, i will later provide the error details with reference to py script lines.

P.S.: As EN non native, I really hate needed focus for proper spelling of the word queue :-),

Jan Gruuthuse

I know the timing issue with epg:
I record on STB's (Set-top box). What I do: I select time from EPG and have these options set to lead in and lead out times both set to 15 minutes. Recording starts 15 minutes before  and stops 15 minutes after program. Mostly I'm lucky and the intended footage is recorded.
The 2 file split is this due to file size limitation the recording? you're not recording to fat32 hard disc or usb stick? Using ntfs formatted would overcome this issue.

poutnik

Yes,  I know about the lead in/out options.
I have not been using lead in until now, as SmartDVB had - now fixed - bag it took as filename the name of the previous TV program, what was confusing.
Also, these lead in/out are supposed to be cancelled  when switching to other recording in other channel, but I did not test it myself if confident.

There is no such limitation. I do not choose splitting explicitly, but just as 2 adjacent recording.
They are usually separated by commercials, but are not if time shift occurs.

I may as well to manually edit recording job timing to cover both episodes.

poutnik

BTW, Murphy's law say,  if you promise to bring evidences about error later, you are not able to reproduce it....  :D