Version 2.6.10: Program crashes while loading files with more than 1 GB

Started by aviD, September 27, 2015, 11:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

I can't reproduce your mpeg-ts appending issue on avidemux. So I then leave you to it.

zakk

If nothing works you can use ProjectX to demux and clean your streams, it's very good at this. Then load with Avidemux.

Jan Gruuthuse

Download (12,6MB) and play with vlc: mpeg-ts append test HD 720p 6.5 GB + 6.4 GB

cammer78

Jan, thank you for spending some time to help even if u could not, i guess i'll have to wait for a fix on a later version if devs see the problem here, unless someone else has dealt with it or has some usefull idea.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: cammer78 on November 12, 2015, 06:19:12 PM
The source of all mpeg-ts is the same for all videos i tried, not just the first two. They're dvb-t from a TV decoder straight copied to PC. I usually drag and drop in avidemux but tried from menu also. The pic i attached here, can clearly show u that no option is given than close the program.

The problem occurs only with videos over 1GB indeed, all the smaller i tested, 900-740-400MB were added without problem, and any other video type over 1GB was added as well, only mpeg-ts is givin this trouble.
- switch before Output format from Avi Muxer to Mpeg TS Muxer (ff), perhaps you hit the standard AVI filesize limitation (4 GB)?
- you know how to start avidemux.exe in windows dos command box [c:\]? Is there any useful information showing when avidemux freezes?
- your screen shot: why is the 1st video not showing? when you append 2nd video? It should show when 1st video is loaded.

cammer78

I tried your idea about muxer switch to mpeg-ts from avi and it didn't work. My screenshot is exactly what i see when i try to load the video and wait... it just freezes -( btw i never said i append any 2nd video)-, i just close program because there is nothing more i can do.

I'm actually frustrated because i just want to crop some videos and save them as they are, somethin that i can't do with the freebies i have available but only crop and convert and only avidemux can help on that, why should it happen with this blasted format??

I never had any problem really with avidemux and i'm overall satisfied, but this now, shaked me somehow, when every other video format, no matter the size, can be edited without trouble.

sigh*... :S

mean

Potential workaround for th emoment : Convert it to mkv with mkvmerge then edit the mkv ?
No re-encoding involved, it should be fast

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: cammer78 on November 14, 2015, 09:44:32 PM
>8 >8  -( btw i never said i append any 2nd video)-, i just close program because there is nothing more i can do. >8>8

Quote from: cammer78 on November 10, 2015, 06:57:30 PM
>8 > Tried to add an mpeg-ts video of 3.8GB and another of 2.2GB and program stop responding the moment i tried to add them.

Quote from: cammer78 on November 12, 2015, 06:19:12 PM
>8 >8 The problem occurs only with videos over 1GB indeed, all the smaller i tested, 900-740-400MB were added without problem, and any other video type over 1GB was added as well, only mpeg-ts is givin this trouble. >8 >8

So in short avidemux freezes, with one mpeg-ts over 1 GB loaded? Odd?

Quote from: mean on November 14, 2015, 09:48:30 PM
>8 >8 Convert it to mkv with mkvmerge then edit the mkv ?
No re-encoding involved, it should be fast

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on November 13, 2015, 09:32:25 AM
>8 >8 - DVB-T recordings are possible subject to time encoding errors. Possible test: re-mux mpeg-ts with:
MKVToolNix for windows <-to download page click

cammer78

Oh well, i'll see what i'll do, i think u gave already much time in this topic and tried to help. No need for you to give more thought on this.

Thank you again for tryin Jan and for giving your ideas here. :)

mean

I just tried with a nightly, win64
Loaded a 3 GB DVB-T TS file => no problem

Could you try with a nightly ?