News:

--

Main Menu

Audio gets dropped by Avidemux

Started by TCmullet, December 01, 2015, 02:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCmullet

I've had this happen with a number of files.

No matter what editing I do or don't do, the output of Avidemux DROPS the entire audio track.  (The status window shows zero for audio output, the whole time the output is being written.)  The source file shows the track fine in MediaInfo.  The unedited file can be played fine.

It's a big file, 15GB.  But if I can get it onto a server (and give you a link), will someone please download it and examine for possible enhancement to Avidemux so that Avidemux can process it??  Let me know and I'll arrange to upload it.

zakk

It happened to me, I solved the problem by reencodingthe audio.

TCmullet

I tried that on earlier files that had this problem.  I just now tried it on the file in question.  Audio size in the Encoding panel still stays at 0MB during the whole Avidemux run.  And Mediainfo again shows no audio track in the output file.  Yet, I can play it (the source file) in Media Player or other video players and the sound is there and normal.  Even Avidemux can play the sound while the file is in the editor window, at least *sometimes*.

I suspected this might be a stumper, which is why I'm willing to get it available here for debugging.  This happens with numerous files I'm working with.

When someone tells me they'll download it, I'll go thru the hoops to get it available.

mean

TCmullet

Quote from: mean on December 02, 2015, 06:57:30 AM
Such a file as sample would help
I take that as an expression of willingness to download and look at the file seriously.  Thank you.  I have a number of files that are crippled thusly.  But I'm not able to put it up yet.  When I am able, I'll post the link here.  (Please don't take this postponement as meaning that this is unimportant to me.  Thank you for your patience.)

TCmullet

Quote from: mean on December 02, 2015, 06:57:30 AM
Such a file as sample would help
Here is one of my files that totally drops all audio as it does copy/copy.  There are actually two problems.  Many of my files have the first one.  If you try to copy/copy with no editing, it creates a zero-length "too short" file.  But as I usually need to trim off a bit at the beginning, I do the trimming and that allows it proceed thru the whole file.  With this file, it allows it to proceed, but then the 2nd problem kicks in.  Audio info transferred during copy/copy stays solidly at zero.  Here is the 15GB file.  I can keep it available for awhile on the server it is on.
http://www.tomsgoodfiles.com/DaveP/2015-10-16.wv.UCDavis-v-HI.DP.Xraw.M2TS

Obviously, the critical problem is the audio droppage.  But it would be nice to not have to trim anything and still be able to copy from the very beginning.  These files were created by the Hauppauge PVR2.  My Avidemux "About" says it is version 2.6.8.

Jan Gruuthuse

Download more recently avidemux 32 or 64-bit matching your windows from here: Avidemux nightly
Downloaded: there is definitly an issue with audio (plenty of audio drifting messages)

Can you provide a 10 second recording of the same source/same method? and upload this?
I don't think any developer will download this 16.2 GB video.
ps:- Use a free dropbox account, mega or similar webservice (free public access, without registration to download your uploaded video) thank you.

I'm doing some tests and report back later.

Jan Gruuthuse

workflow:
drag and drop full clip on audacity and export audio track to mp3
load video in avidemux
Avidemux menu: Audio -> Select Track -> Track 1 [v]
select drop down .... add audio track and browse to & select audactiy exported mp3
press [OK]
Save video with Output Format: [MKV Muxer]

load the saved mkv in avidemux and edit.
avidemux processed download: 2015-10-16.wv.UCDavis

TCmullet

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 29, 2016, 06:00:23 AM
Download more recently avidemux 32 or 64-bit matching your windows from here: Avidemux nightly
Downloaded: there is definitly an issue with audio (plenty of audio drifting messages)

Can you provide a 10 second recording of the same source/same method? and upload this?
I don't think any developer will download this 16.2 GB video.
I had already warned it was over 15 GB, and the moderator already promised he would download and look at it.  (On a fast connection, it doesn't take too long to download. It takes a lot longer to upload than download.)  I cannot chop off the 1st 10 seconds, as being able to run it through Avidemux to get the 1st 10 sec. is the problem itself.  No, I can't obtain a 10 second clip.  I have numerous ones from this source (which uses a Hauppauge PVR2).  All are 15-20 GB.  Most are okay, but there are several that have this problem (losing sound).  (But even many of the ones that are okay, still must have one or more GOPs cut from the beginning in order to avoid the zero-length "too short" output.)

I will attempt with your newer version.  (But I will still be awaiting the moderator's work when he gets to it.  I'll report asap any news with the newer nightly version you suggested, if I get to it before the moderator gets to my file.)

TCmullet

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 29, 2016, 10:21:27 AM
load the saved mkv in avidemux and edit.
Thank you for the efforts, but the only acceptable solution will allow directly using copy/copy output to M2TS container, as per normal Avidemux functioning.j

I have my own TEMPORARY workaround, which is DGindexNV.  But longterm, I need to edit the file (and others like it) via normal copy/copy Avidemux functioning.

Jan Gruuthuse

Chopped of would not do. A Hauppauge PVR2 recording 10 seconds to 1 minute causing the same issues. Or even a good one, could possible provide a clue for developers what is going in there.

The nightly builds do still have issues with this video. My guesswork is audio related issue, impression is audio starts with a delay when video is running.
When you load the video you can move around with the slider. Once you played the video all kinds of issues.
I could not correct the video by re-muxing with mkvtoolnix gui (trick that usually does it)
Only thing working is replacing the audio track and the save to mkv (only one tested)

Audio
ID                                       : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                                  : 1 (0x1)
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                           : Version 2
Format profile                           : LC
Muxing mode                              : ADTS
Codec ID                                 : 15
Duration                                 : 2h 26mn
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy