Avidemux 2.6.11Beta is out, registration are opened for a few hours

Started by mean, December 25, 2015, 11:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

Avidemux 2.6.11Beta is out, registration are opened for a few hours
I'll purge the 3000 spam emails later

AQUAR

I don't understand what is meant by "registration are opened for a few hours" relative to releasing ADM 2.6.11 Beta.

Has registration to this forum been closed to new members?

mean

AQUAR

That is a pity, but I do understand the curse of the spammers.

Maybe consider opening the registration a little bit more often with a random pre-announcement on the forum?

Avidemux is such a popular free video editor that its end user's deserve some opportunity to register here.
If they really want to become a forum member, then they will check the forum for that opportunity.
Spammers won't - they are just opportunistic, self centered, time wasters looking for instant damage.

mean

The problem is they use dummy email addresses to register, and if there are too many email bounces, the email service is blacklisted for the whole avidemux.org subdomain

AQUAR

It's a sad truth that spammer's cause a lot of unwanted issues to online social communities.

I was just thinking that mostly ADM interested people will wait for the opportunity to register whenever it becomes available.
As long as they are aware its an occasional, random opportunity announced by way of a short notice on this forum.

I don't know how badly the forum gets spammed, but the dummy email bounces would at least be proportionally curtailed with the limited registration process.

Anyway, just sticking up for those want to be members because they don't have a "voice" to say "let me in sometime".
Also the member activity has slowed a lot of late. 

mean

Seems the email are already blacklisted
If you registered and received nothing , please wait a bit, should be solved tomorrow

MeanAdmin

I've unblocked the email blacklist
Emails are working now, but it is possible some emails were lost
If that happened, please retry with another mail address

AQUAR

Thanks mean,

I see that in the last 3 days there have been some 18 new registrations.
Lets hope, the spammers are occupied with end of year celebrations, for a clean open registration period.