Unable to find CMAKE - integrating Avidemux with a distro release

Started by Grandma, January 04, 2016, 01:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandma

Hello - my first post - I'll try to add more info requested by anyone who believes they might be able to help. I sold my first film at age 13 (old chop block editing) so this ain't my first rodeo, but in the past I used both the full AVID suite on a Windows PC and some free editors in a Windows environment. I also paid my way through college debugging software for publishers before I became a software engineer...so again...not my first rodeo, though most of my work was financial systems, not system programming.

I finally dumped Windows in 2010 and moved over to Linux, (funny - I used to code on Unix back in the early 80's/90's) and am integrating a VIDEO EDITOR with a distribution - Pocket Rocket Linux - and thereafter intend to make it a regular part of the package. Your open source appeared attractive.

PRL has a lot of office tools, sound recorders etc. and is based on the TINY CORE distribution which can be a bit thin/tricky sometimes. Hopefully we'll get this straightened out.

Here is what I've done so far;

1. I downloaded your avidemux_2.6.11beta1.tar which was extracted from the .gz and it made all the appropriate folders after a tar -xf avidemux_2.6.11beta1.tar

2. I read your site suggesting I run bootStrap.bash for a standard configuration - no messing around - so I typed sh bootStrap.bash - though I had a feeling this would bomb which it did with the messages:

CMAKE Version :
Build configuration :
******************* :
Build type :
Release build
    Core will be built
     Gtk will be skipped
    Qt4 will be built
     Cli will be skipped
    Plugins will be built
**BootStrapping avidemux **
Top dir : /mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1
Fake installation directory=/mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/install

** CORE **
Building buildCore from ../avidemux_core with EXTRA=<>, DEBUG=<>
** Failed at cmakeZ**

and a message

bootStrap.bash: line 96: cmake: not found
bootStrap.bash: line 196: cmake: not found

So I went off and hunted for a file called cmake with the command

find ./* -iname "cmake*" and of course the folders came up related to avidemux, but not much else except a tiny core loaded file called

/tmp/tcloop/libproxy-2.7/usr/local/share/cmake/Modules/Findlibproxy.cmake

I am not seeing a cmake executable...rather just this folder and those related to avidemux. I checked ALLLLL the linux folders, etc, bin, sbin, etc. and this is all that came up.

SOOOOOOOOO...perhaps I need to compile something you supplied to MAKE a cmake file?

Not sure.

For the compiler I am using the GCC that comes with tiny core...and that runs ok and when I need the BIG MATH library, everything is ok there, though I have to add a few switches. Perhaps I need to add some libraries or switches as well for this compile. Not sure.

I am in no rush - though I do have a battered women's shelter that wants me to do a little video for them - but its volunteer work - not paid - so they can wait until I get this worked out.

If anyone has any suggestions, questions or can help - great. I'll be happy to walk you through what's loaded on the system and perhaps you can walk me through what's missing.

FYI rendering is gonna suck on this box - I live off grid and power is an issue so I am running an ATOM CPU (choke) with 4GB of RAM off USB flash drives...but I only consume 15 watts - 25 with everything screaming. Yes I know if I render more than 30 - 60 seconds I might as well go to sleep and wake up tomorrow...but this is what I have in this environment of limited power...so...

Hope this helps - Happy New Years

p.s. third objective - besides the PRL integration and the battered woman's video (which simply proves we got it to work here) - is to ensure folks who may be lacking a library or some other component get the error messages required to allow them to fix their installation without bugging you too much....not sure if I can help get that into your install, but its worth discussing.

Will check back tomorrow night to see if anyone has any ideas.

Thank you and Cheers.

p.s.s. the system boots up with ALSA for audio - all that seems to work via the VLC mp3 music I play

Jan Gruuthuse

Only have some ubuntu experience. Hope you can relate this somehow to Pocket Rocket Linux.
cmake --version
Quotecmake version 2.8.12.2
1st stop would be here: Compiling Avidemux 2.6.x
additionally I have these installed:
dpkg -l build-essential cmake cmake-data cmake-dbg fakeroot fontconfig g++ gcc gettext git liba52-0.7.4-dev libaften-dev libasound2-dev libasound2-dbg libass-dev libdca-dev libdts-dev libfaac-dev libfaad-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libftgl-dev libftgl2 libglib2.0-dev libglib2.0-0-dbg libiconv-hook-dev libmad0-dev libmp3lame-dev libopencore-amrnb-dev libopencore-amrnb0-dbg libopencore-amrwb-dev libopencore-amrwb0-dbg libopenvg1-mesa libpng12-dev libqt4-dev libqt4-dbg libqt4-opengl-dev libqt4-script libqt4-script-dbg libsamplerate0-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsqlite3-dev libsqlite3-0-dbg libtwolame-dev libva-dev libvdpau-dev libvorbis-dev libvpx-dev libvpx1-dbg libwxsqlite3-2.8-0 libx264-dev libxft-dev libxml2-dev libxml2-dbg libxslt1-dbg libxv-dev libxv1-dbg libxvidcore-dev libxvmc1-dbg libzip-dev mesa-vdpau-drivers mesa-vdpau-drivers-dbg mesa-common-dev pkg-config sqlite3 vdpauinfo vainfo xsltproc yasm

-dev are development libraries
you can ignore vdpau stuff if you don't have nvidia display card

QuoteDesired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name                        Version            Architecture       Description
+++-===========================-==================-==================-===========================================================
ii  build-essential             11.6ubuntu6        amd64              Informational list of build-essential packages
ii  cmake                       2.8.12.2-0ubuntu3  amd64              cross-platform, open-source make system
ii  cmake-data                  2.8.12.2-0ubuntu3  all                CMake data files (modules, templates and documentation)
ii  cmake-dbg                   2.8.12.2-0ubuntu3  amd64              debugging symbols for CMake
ii  fakeroot                    1.20-3ubuntu2      amd64              tool for simulating superuser privileges
ii  fontconfig                  2.11.0-0ubuntu4.1  amd64              generic font configuration library - support binaries
ii  g++                         4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6   amd64              GNU C++ compiler
ii  gcc                         4:4.8.2-1ubuntu6   amd64              GNU C compiler
ii  gettext                     0.18.3.1-1ubuntu3  amd64              GNU Internationalization utilities
ii  git                         1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.1 amd64              fast, scalable, distributed revision control system
ii  liba52-0.7.4-dev            0.7.4-17           amd64              library for decoding ATSC A/52 streams (development)
ii  libaften-dev                0.0.8+git20100105- amd64              audio AC3 encoder - development files
ii  libasound2-dbg:amd64        1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7  amd64              debugging symbols for libasound2
ii  libasound2-dev:amd64        1.0.27.2-3ubuntu7  amd64              shared library for ALSA applications -- development files
ii  libass-dev:amd64            0.10.1-3ubuntu1    amd64              development files for libass
ii  libdca-dev:amd64            0.0.5-6ubuntu1     amd64              decoding library for DTS Coherent Acoustics streams (develo
ii  libdts-dev:amd64            0.0.5-6ubuntu1     amd64              backward compatibility place-holder for libdca
ii  libfaac-dev:amd64           1.28-6             amd64              AAC audio encoder (development)
ii  libfaad-dev:amd64           2.7-8              amd64              freeware Advanced Audio Decoder - development files
ii  libfreetype6-dev            2.5.2-1ubuntu2.5   amd64              FreeType 2 font engine, development files
ii  libfribidi-dev              0.19.6-1           amd64              Development files for FreeBidi library
ii  libftgl-dev                 2.1.3~rc5-4+nmu1   amd64              development files for libftgl
ii  libftgl2:amd64              2.1.3~rc5-4+nmu1   amd64              library to render text in OpenGL using FreeType
ii  libglib2.0-0-dbg:amd64      2.40.2-0ubuntu1    amd64              Debugging symbols for the GLib libraries
ii  libglib2.0-dev              2.40.2-0ubuntu1    amd64              Development files for the GLib library
ii  libiconv-hook-dev           0.0.20021209-10ubu amd64              header files of libiconv-hook
ii  libmad0-dev                 0.15.1b-8ubuntu1   amd64              MPEG audio decoder development library
ii  libmp3lame-dev:amd64        3.99.5+repack1-3ub amd64              MP3 encoding library (development)
ii  libopencore-amrnb-dev:amd64 0.1.3-2ubuntu1     amd64              Adaptive Multi Rate speech codec - development files
ii  libopencore-amrnb0-dbg:amd6 0.1.3-2ubuntu1     amd64              Adaptive Multi Rate speech codec - debugging symbols
ii  libopencore-amrwb-dev:amd64 0.1.3-2ubuntu1     amd64              Adaptive Multi-Rate - Wideband speech codec - development f
ii  libopencore-amrwb0-dbg:amd6 0.1.3-2ubuntu1     amd64              Adaptive Multi-Rate - Wideband speech codec - debugging sym
ii  libopenvg1-mesa:amd64       10.4.0~git20141112 amd64              free implementation of the OpenVG API -- runtime
ii  libpng12-dev                1.2.50-1ubuntu2    amd64              PNG library - development
ii  libqt4-dbg:amd64            4:4.8.5+git192-g08 amd64              Qt 4 library debugging symbols
ii  libqt4-dev                  4:4.8.5+git192-g08 amd64              Qt 4 development files
ii  libqt4-opengl-dev           4:4.8.5+git192-g08 amd64              Qt 4 OpenGL library development files
ii  libqt4-script:amd64         4:4.8.5+git192-g08 amd64              Qt 4 script module
ii  libqt4-script:i386          4:4.8.5+git192-g08 i386               Qt 4 script module
ii  libqt4-script-dbg:amd64     4:4.8.5+git192-g08 amd64              Qt 4 script library debugging symbols
ii  libsamplerate0-dev:amd64    0.1.8-7            amd64              Development files for audio sample rate conversion
ii  libsdl-sound1.2-dev:amd64   1.0.3-7            amd64              Sound library for Simple DirectMedia Layer 1.2, development
ii  libsqlite3-0-dbg            3.8.2-1ubuntu2.1   amd64              SQLite 3 debugging symbols
ii  libsqlite3-dev:amd64        3.8.2-1ubuntu2.1   amd64              SQLite 3 development files
ii  libtwolame-dev              0.3.13-1ubuntu1    amd64              MPEG Audio Layer 2 encoder (development files)
ii  libva-dev:amd64             1.5.0-1~xedgers~tr amd64              Video Acceleration (VA) API for Linux -- development files
ii  libvdpau-dev:amd64          1.1-0ubuntu1~xedge amd64              Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (development fil
ii  libvorbis-dev:amd64         1.3.2-1.3ubuntu1   amd64              The Vorbis General Audio Compression Codec (development fil
ii  libvpx-dev:amd64            1.3.0-2            amd64              VP8 video codec (development files)
ii  libvpx1-dbg                 1.3.0-2            amd64              VP8 video codec (debugging symbols)
ii  libwxsqlite3-2.8-0:amd64    3.0.6.1~dfsg0-2    amd64              SQLite3 C++ wrapper for use in programs based on the wxWidg
ii  libx264-dev:amd64           2:0.142.2389+git95 amd64              development files for libx264
ii  libxft-dev                  2.3.1-2            amd64              FreeType-based font drawing library for X (development file
ii  libxml2-dbg:amd64           2.9.1+dfsg1-3ubunt amd64              Debugging symbols for the GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev:amd64           2.9.1+dfsg1-3ubunt amd64              Development files for the GNOME XML library
ii  libxslt1-dbg:amd64          1.1.28-2build1     amd64              XSLT 1.0 processing library - debugging symbols
ii  libxv-dev:amd64             2:1.0.10-1         amd64              X11 Video extension library (development headers)
ii  libxv1-dbg:amd64            2:1.0.10-1         amd64              X11 Video extension library (debug package)
ii  libxvidcore-dev:amd64       2:1.3.2-9ubuntu1   amd64              Open source MPEG-4 video codec (development)
ii  libxvmc1-dbg                2:1.0.8-1ubuntu1   amd64              X11 Video extension library (debug package)
ii  libzip-dev                  0.10.1-1.2         amd64              library for reading, creating, and modifying zip archives (
ii  mesa-common-dev:amd64       11.0.4~git20151026 amd64              Developer documentation for Mesa
ii  mesa-vdpau-drivers:amd64    11.0.4~git20151026 amd64              Mesa VDPAU video acceleration drivers
ii  mesa-vdpau-drivers-dbg:amd6 11.0.4~git20151026 amd64              Debugging symbols for the Mesa VDPAU video acceleration dri
ii  pkg-config                  0.26-1ubuntu4      amd64              manage compile and link flags for libraries
ii  sqlite3                     3.8.2-1ubuntu2.1   amd64              Command line interface for SQLite 3
ii  vainfo                      1.5.0-1~xedgers~tr amd64              Video Acceleration (VA) API for Linux -- info program
ii  vdpauinfo                   0.1-1              amd64              Video Decode and Presentation API for Unix (vdpauinfo utili
ii  xsltproc                    1.1.28-2build1     amd64              XSLT 1.0 command line processor
ii  yasm                        1.2.0-1ubuntu1     amd64              modular assembler with multiple syntaxes support

Grandma

Dear Jan,

Thank you for the prompt reply.

Typing cmake --version comes back
cmake not found.

I looked at the TC repository - its there - but can't seem to download it. Storm here so it may be signal issue.

This appears to be something I'll need to work out in the Tiny Core forum.

I did load the GCC compiler, and recognize some of the libraries you listed;
i.e. fontconfig and libasound2 stuff, however as Tiny Core is thin its likely
I may not be able to get this working there.

You listed A LOTTA Libs and I've had difficulty in the past with TC if too much stuff is required to get a build...though I did finally get SKYPE working after the evil empire bought the firm. ;-)

My objectives are to:

1. Just edit audio first, and produce MP3/MP4, OGG formats, then
2. Once I have that mastered strap on a video track.

The way I was taught to EZ EDIT OF NARRATIVES was always lay the base audio track first, try to cut to the beats to keep the pace, and then drop/lower base audio track
if someone in a video segment is speaking a 2nd audio track or other sounds are present
for a few frames, then bump music/narrative back up when that audio finishes.

This has produced pretty good am-videos i.e. youtube or google windgenzen - I did that one. Its been around awhile. This text might be better in editing techniques, but its pretty basic and brief and does apply here. If I can get this working WITHOUT ALL of the libs you mentioned, that's ok as long as I can get these two objectives done.

That said, we'll see if I can fish cmake off the TC repoz and see where it takes me from there.

p.s. one thing about Pocket Rocket Linux and TC - very small and very fast - so it was a best choice for this crummy Atom CPU.

Grandma

WHOO HOO

Found the CMAKE in repoz - already had all the other dependencies and got a new error message.

You know there's progress when something new breaks, right?

NOW it says:

===================

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_C_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/buildCore/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR

Missing variable is:

CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER

CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:/mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/buildCore/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake

CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage

===============================

SO... I'll go poke around cmake and see what is required to get her to kick into gear.

============================

Since I need to set environmental variables - like tell it I have a GCC compiler - I am reviewing the tutorial on CMAKE at this location

http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~adanner/tips/cmake.php

It mentioned I need to have make installed also.

So when using PRL or Tiny Core Linux with internet the commands I have used at a command line thus far are

tce-load -wi cmake.tcz

tce-load -wi cmake.doc.tcz - which appears to be a cmake variant

tce-load -wi make.tcz

and

tce-load -i lame.tcz - I already had the lame module on the system. With Tiny Core a -wi does a wget internet download, checks md5 and grabs all dependencies whereas a -i assumes you already have it and are loading it into memory.

Now I get a differente message when I run sh bootStrap.bash

It goes quite a way then says

CHECKING FOR SCM

DON'T KNOW WHAT SCM IS USED
and dies

Getting closer....

Now have message

CMake Error at /mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/cmake/admCheckRequiredLibs.cmake:20 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find pkg-config
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/cmake/admMainChecks.cmake:131 (INCLUDE)
  CMakeLists.txt:28 (include)

and dies

so I tried a tce-load -i pkg-config.tcz and that solved that.

We are not trying to resolve SQLite

Based on this step-by-step what I see is that having the libs there or being able to fetch them allows for a step-by-step error/fix/error process.

So far there's hope.

Jan Gruuthuse

Could be possible a path issue? I build in the folder  user home, in folder avidemux2
cd ~/avidemux2 && bash bootStrap.bash --deb --with-qt4 --without-gtk --with-cli
perhaps:
- rename folder avidemux_2.6.11beta1 to avidemux2
- move folder from /mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/ to ~  (user home folder, in my case /home/jan)

if avidemux_2.6.11beta1.tar keeps posing issues perhaps the git works better? If you have installed git?
1st time get code:
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2.git

next time update:
cd ~/avidemux2 && git pull

Jan Gruuthuse

AQUAR:
QuoteSCM (System Control Management) item.
So it seems that SCM requires a live internet connection

Grandma

Yeeeeeeeeeeer awesome Jan - thanks for sticking with me...

I got SQLITE3 loaded but it can't find that.
Have resolved the make and cmake issues
and checked - I have sqlite3 loaded and
functional but I get the following error
messages on the compile...

=============================================

#########################################
Configure for avidemux core libs Started
#########################################

Could not find Gettext

Disabled per request

Could not find XVideo

Could not find execinfo

Could not find VDPAU

Could not find LIBVA

CMake Error at /mnt/sdc1/media/convert/avid/avidemux_2.6.11beta1/cmake/admConfigHelper.cmake:16 (MESSAGE):
  Could not find SQLite
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:57 (PRINT_LIBRARY_INFO)

========================================

AM WONDERING IF
Maybe there's a script I can go into so it
uses sqlite3 instead of sqlite and
AM WONDERING IF
the other COULD NOT FIND this or that
are issues.

Have not tried moving the avid to the home folder
may play with that - but the sqlite stuff is pathed
and can call / run from any folder so unsure.

Stuck...will update if I get further down the road.

====================================

Ok, got sqlite3 loaded and working but
compile still dies at CANT FIND SQLITE
which is not sqlite3 - so....

What this indicates to this old programmer is
the libraries/calls/dependencies of avidemux
didn't include the upgrades from sqlite to sqlite3.

I will bet there is some place in some library or script
to fix that easily...but for the moment we are now dead in the water
unless someone has some insight.

Thank you again Jan for the assistance.

Jan Gruuthuse

I don't know what the developer is testing for. I found:
/usr/bin/sqlite3

Grandma

Dear Jan,

I marked the subject UNSOLVED for a couple of reasons.

1. You helped like a champ. I thank you so so so much.

2. Despite nearly a week on this and loading every lib required,
still no tickie no compile...

3. I tested the sqlite3 and it flies

4. I am sure avidemux might also fly but can't
spend time debugging it. I have content stacking
up and am going to try Blender.

5. To do that I am also upgrading my Linux Kernel
and the sqlite3 version as well. This is going to
take awhile, bu there are a few other benefits
for me to this process.

After I do that I will re-test avidemux to see if
it flies with a newer kernel and sqlite3.

For now this issue is unsolved...but you were
an ACE.

Thank you.

Jan Gruuthuse

OK, looking forward to continue.
If all fails, consider sd card with ubuntu for video editing, 8 GB space would cover this.