Main Menu

2.6.911 - Error too short

Started by Yisc76, January 04, 2016, 11:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

mean

Thanks,  i can reproduce the issue

mean

If i drop the  weird frame, it successfully saves all the file, but with corruption during the 1st second or so
I'll have to dig further

mean

I've commited the fix, not sure about the side effects
Win32/win64 have been rebuilt

Yisc76

Thanks for the fix.
I've downloaded and installed the latest build and am able to cutt and save most of the troubled files now.
There's one that still gives the "Too short" message after having saved 38% of the file (source file is 8,77 GB , so can't share that).
Here's the foo.py file if that's to any help.

Yisc76

Just downloaded the latest nightly (2.6.12_r160309) and tried two files I am having trouble with for a long time.
I'm still getting the Error too short on both these files.
I've included both 'foo.py' files

Most of the files I record go through without any problem, so in general I am very happy with the program.
Just once in a while a file has problems.

mean

Sadly, without the file and/or log , i can't do much

Yisc76

Quote from: mean on March 11, 2016, 09:22:32 AM
Sadly, without the file and/or log , i can't do much

Sorry for not providing the log.
I've included it in this message, along with foo.py once more.
The file is currently syncing with my Dropbox, but since it's nearly 7 GB, it will take some time.

AQUAR

Looking at the log: it seems to be suggesting that the video stream is somewhat broken (unref short failure!).

Yisc76

Quote from: AQUAR on March 12, 2016, 10:27:51 AM
Looking at the log: it seems to be suggesting that the video stream is somewhat broken (unref short failure!).

When I cut the file and use the AVI muxer, the process is completing normaly.
It goes wrong when using the MKV muxer, which is also happening with the other file I mentioned.
I'm still uploading the file to my Dropbox, but it will take another 20 hours to complete.
Most files i record do not have any problems at all, it was one file not going through for a long time and then a second one this week.

Jan Gruuthuse

Make cut with avimuxer, save, then reload and save using mkv-muxer, for now.
Perhaps time permitting ... a solution could be found.

Jan Gruuthuse

What is the source of this download (dutch tv)? DVB-t (digitenne), Sat (canaldigitaal) or cable?
Sat, this should not be an issue. DVB-t could be a signal drop. Within 1/2 hour I should be able to tell something more when download is finished.
see processing sbs6 HD from sat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avs5AvlSq4Y
if Sat what box is used?

mean

It's difficult to download the file without being cancelled