appending 3 mp4 files result in video file with broken timings

Started by veki, January 05, 2016, 09:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

veki

I have had 3 .vob files that represent one video work.  AVidemux could not read second .vob and I used VLC to convert all 3 vobs into mp4 (VLC could read and play normally .vob file that avidemux could not do).
I wanted to append those 3 files in order to get one mp4 file that represent all3 together. After appending those files I got one file with completely broken timing and sync of audio with video.  please advise.

veki

Hello,

It eas not question about ripping dvds. For example, I have folder on my HD with ripped dvd and if I try to load one vob Avidemux asked me do I want to load them all since it noticed that there are sequential files. When I load them it could do resize of all files normally and save it as one mp4 file.
In this case it could not read one .vob at all. That .vob file that is unreadable for Avidemux was easily readable for VLC.  I converted it to mp4 using VLC convert/save option.
Wehn I append 3 mp4 files Avidemux created one file of them but with broken sync of audio and video.  My question relates to the fact that sync is completely broken.  However, when they are played separately all is visible and hearable normally.
Thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: veki on January 06, 2016, 09:28:55 AM
Hello,

It eas not question about ripping dvds. For example, I have folder on my HD with ripped dvd and if I try to load one vob Avidemux asked me do I want to load them all since it noticed that there are sequential files. When I load them it could do resize of all files normally and save it as one mp4 file.
In this case it could not read one .vob at all. That .vob file that is unreadable for Avidemux was easily readable for VLC.  I converted it to mp4 using VLC convert/save option.
Wehn I append 3 mp4 files Avidemux created one file of them but with broken sync of audio and video.  My question relates to the fact that sync is completely broken.  However, when they are played separately all is visible and hearable normally.
Thanks

Quote(VLC could read and play normally .vob file that avidemux could not do).
QuoteThat .vob file that is unreadable for Avidemux was easily readable for VLC.
if the vob's are region protected = vlc can read, avidemux does not! Avidemux does not read copy protected content.

when avidemux asks for vob sequential files: answer is no. Delete the concerned name.idx2 file. Load part 1 vob, append other parts manually. if these are protected: forget it.

If non copy protected vob files on dvd -> copy these in folder on harddisc and try again. Some dvd players are software crippled to prevent video copying.

With VLC converted vob to mp4 using convert/save option: could be any thing causing issue. Why don't you use convert/save the complete video instead of vob parts from that video?

veki

I copied all files from DVD to HD before that I encountered  such issues.
Do you suggest to use Handbrake or MKVtoolnix to merge vob files and to process them using Avidemux?

Sincerely,

Veki

Jan Gruuthuse

you could try MKVtoolnix to merge vob files
or you try avidemux 2.5.6 branch (frame based)

veki

I merged vob files with MKV Toolnix and I can play normally that file in VLC. When I open it in Avidemux its duration is twice shorter and audio is out of sync.
Veki

veki

Should I add some frames or black in duration of 3 secs?

Veki

veki

I do not have any recorder available. Is there any option  to add those 3 seconds at the end of video file?

Veki

Jan Gruuthuse

seems I have somehow mixed up threads. I removed 2 previously message regarding the 3 seconds leadout.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: veki on January 06, 2016, 06:41:02 PM
I merged vob files with MKV Toolnix and I can play normally that file in VLC. When I open it in Avidemux its duration is twice shorter and audio is out of sync.
Veki
have you removed .idx2 files, just in case.

veki

Do you want to say that I have had to delete idx2 files before putting vob files into mp4?

Jan Gruuthuse

if there are .idx2 files with the same file names as used for videos: yes.
I can not reproduce the vob issue on avidemux 2.6.911
When you drag and drop VTS_01_1.VOB on avidemux canvas:
There are several files with sequential file names. Should they all be loaded?
reply = No
You should see pop-up window indexing the vob file. When done:
drag and drop VTS_01_2.VOB on avidemux canvas:
Loading part 1: