News:

--

Main Menu

Bug report Windows 10 Avidemux 2.6.11 64-bit

Started by Theoask, February 13, 2016, 09:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theoask

Hello,

Avidemux crashes when I load a video, I put a first marker, then a second marker and I try to save the file...No error message specifid details.
Just Windows 10 tells me :"Avidemux 2.6.11 has crashed".

My goal is to save a small selection of the video I loaded.

I run Windows 10 Pro 64-bits

Solution?

---

UPDATE.

I managed to make it work but only when modifying the default Audio and Video output to something else (I chose MP3(lame) as audio output and MO4 (h254) as video Output and MP4 Muxer and output format. It worked.

Too bad that I can't do it with the default factory settings of Avidemux once installed...

AQUAR

Difficult to help with no details as to the media file and incomplete workflow description.

Wild guess - are you putting markers on virtual frames whilst wanting to copy an edited media file?
Do set markers on intra frames by using >> and << buttons (for copying video streams!).

mean

Try to do it in copy mode but select mkv as output format

csenger41

Quote from: mean on February 14, 2016, 09:05:31 AM
Try to do it in copy mode but select mkv as output format
Thanks, this helped for me. Output Format muxer in copy mode should match the original video.

AQUAR

MKV is a good general purpose container.
AVI with modern codecs is not as suited (and ADM has a crash bug when putting AVC in AVI).

Output format does not need to match the original video in copy mode - just need to consider the bug and suitability criteria.   

mean

There"s a bug on windows when you copy h264 to avi.
It is hard to track down

mean

It is fixed in the nightlies (it was the brundle bug)

AQUAR

What's a brundle bug?

Extremely wild guess in the context of C++ code, "maybe be 2 pieces of code mashing together in the same bit of memory".

Nice its fixed though.