Batch "Save" syntax missing in .py scripts?

Started by aviphil87, February 04, 2016, 06:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aviphil87

Dear all,

With 2.6.9 I try to use the batch option. I queue several jobs, and start Job Control. But each job bombs-out after a few seconds, displaying Failed (same with 2.6.10).

When looking into the .py files, I can't find the equivalent of the last line that shows in 2.5.6's .js files:

setSuccess(app.save("F:/outputvideo"));

And so, my interpretation is that the .py file cannot know where to save the output video. That could be a good reason for the Failed abend.

Can someone give me at least the syntax of the equivalent app.save command for a .py script, so I can add it.

Thank you,

Jan Gruuthuse

Save one video before in the target directory. Avidemux remembers this as target.

Or is this of any help: Scripting tutorial: destDir

mean

From memory, the output file is stored in the job database, not in the script itself

aviphil87

Folks, thanks for your time answering. You know what? Batch actually works fine. I just had to think by myself, to click Use QT4 Version. Was not obvious to me as I have no idea what it means.

However, I cannot clear the Failed jobs on the Job Control window, which is now cluttered of Failed jobs from my trials and tests. When I right-click on any of the Failed jobs and select Delete, nothing happens (other options, idem). When I click Cleanup, only Success jobs are cleared. I'm with 2.6.9 under Win7-32 but with 2.6.10 it's the same.

Thanks again,

Jan Gruuthuse

If you right click on the job, you probably can change the status to Success, then Cleanup. See if that works.

aviphil87

No Jan, whenever I right-click click on Status, Job, etc..., whichever option I choose does not change the status. It remains to Failed.

I did something more. I uninstalled all my previous versions of Avidemux, and installed the brand new 2.6.11. First thing I do, I open Job Control. All my Failed jobs are still there. Please let me know if I can look anywhere on my machine to help determine the problem.

Jan Gruuthuse

confirmed: you can't change status of job. Seems to be an error.
search for a folder with name jobs and delete the jobs (files inside it)
All you can do, until developers pick up on this

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: aviphil87 on February 08, 2016, 02:38:20 PM
No Jan, whenever I right-click click on Status, Job, etc..., whichever option I choose does not change the status. It remains to Failed.
Install the nightly build today. The right click status select is fixed in jobs
01ae545     [jobs] Use the right signal

twinsun

I'm using jobs (and Tinypy Project) for a while.
My biggest jobs list was above 80, with source files from/to different directories.
It saves lot of time when you have understand what is possible.
-----
Too long to explain why, but since windows 7 (10),
to delete a job, you have 2 things to do.
Cause you have the database jobs.sql, plus individual job video parameter files, for each jobs (why not in the database ? : another story).

1/ Use the right click on a job of the list to change its status (delete):
this modifies the content of the database here :
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs.sql
Before the nightly above post, it was no more possible to change status in the list.
To deal with, I delete jobs.sql to reset the database, it's OK, a new blank sql will be created next time.

2/ Delete all (or the file you want) in :
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs\
There are the files containing the video param of each jobs.
So makes a shortcut to this directory.
-----

You may know that but if not, when you queue :
Job name :
whatever name you want (a key word), its the name of the file (2/) that will contain the video param of the current job.
Output file :
click OPEN to go to the directory you want the file will be output, and give it the true name 'my video.mkv'.
This 'Output file' (and the path of the video param file above) will be included in the jobs.sql file (1/).

Up to everyone, but
if SourceFile.ts, give as 'Output name' SourceFile.mkv (IE) when you have saved a Tinypy Project SourceFile.mkv.py. It's a way to keep files close together.
Take some time before you'll find your best way to gather source/target files if you have numerous disks, directories, files.

Jobs in actual state is a truly quick and essential fonction to not spend your time on screen, even if it miss several fonctions  :).