BUG(?): Video Filters (Windows version)

Started by vaios, January 30, 2016, 02:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaios

In Windows version 2.6.11 there are no buttons in "Video Filters Manager" screen (i.e. "plus sign (Add)", "Configure", "Partial", etc.), so there is no way to activate/configure any filter (checked in 2 different PCs running Win7 32 & 64 bit).

Thanks.

Jan Gruuthuse

Bottom right hand corner: mark [v] Play Filtered

Cerebralfire

I can't save or load filters in this version, is there going to be a fix for this sometime soon?

Jan Gruuthuse

You can only use filters when you
- have a video loaded
- select in Video Output drop down window a wanted codec.
-- Mpeg4 AVC (x264)
-- click [Filters]
-- select kind of filter
example see attached screenshot

same for audio filters, you can only choose filter when you selected an audio codec.

vaios

As I understand, the above problems are related to Windows version of Avidemux v2.6.11 only,
NOT Linux version.

AQUAR

Have you tried double clicking?? or right mouse click??

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: vaios on January 31, 2016, 08:24:46 AM
As I understand, the above problems are related to Windows version of Avidemux v2.6.11 only,
NOT Linux version.
Have you even tried?I rest my case. I'm out of here:

Cerebralfire

I'm using the Windows x64 bit version as is the original poster here.
The problem is not getting to the filters, but Saving and loading them.
I don't see that option in your version either.

Jan Gruuthuse

1st post:
Quote from: vaios on January 30, 2016, 02:23:38 PM
In Windows version 2.6.11 there are no buttons in "Video Filters Manager" screen (i.e. "plus sign (Add)", "Configure", "Partial", etc.), so there is no way to activate/configure any filter (checked in 2 different PCs running Win7 32 & 64 bit).
If you want to save some settings you need to use Save Project

Start your own thread and define your feature request as you're not talking about a bug.

Cerebralfire

Thanks, sorry about that, as you can see, I'm a neewbe here, I'll just keep using the older version for now, cheers.

AQUAR

Just bumping this on behalf of the OP.

I normally double click on the filter to open its dialog and press "OK" to add the filter to the processing chain.
This work just fine.

Another other approach is a right mouse click for access to the filter "add" button.
However, clicking on the "add" button no longer opens the filter dialog.
Viz the linkage to the filter dialog is broken for the "add" button.

Pretty sure this is what the OP is trying to point out.

There was a third option by way of the "+" button in the filters GUI, but that option seems to have been deleted.

Maybe fix the linkage to/or remove the "add" button, or add back the "+" button.
To me the intuitive double click is all that is needed.