misleading info in Audio Output box after Saving Audio

Started by Kevin, February 14, 2016, 11:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

I noticed this in 2.6.9. If I:
(1) Have an existing configuration set to Mpeg4 AVC (x264) and AAC (Faac) with Mp4 Muxer
(2) load an .mpg file with mpg2 video and ac3 audio
(3) used the menu bar to "Save Audio" as an .ac3 file
(4) then Save the entire file without changing anything (iow, the boxes on the left still say Mpeg4 AVC and AAC (Faac),

the resulting mp4 file has .ac3 audio in it and not AAC (Faac). The workaround is to remember that I've saved the audio to a different format, and click on the AAC (Faac) to select it again and then proceed.

Perhaps there's a way to make the Audio/Save Audio function operate independently of the selected Audio format for encoding the whole file? Or perhaps warn the user that saving only the audio is going to reset the Audio Output format for encoding the whole file (and perhaps actually change the appearance of the Audio Output box on the left to reflect that)?

Note that prior to experiencing this problem (after converting about 25 videos), I had never even looked in the "Select Track" menu to notice that it's set to "Copy" the original .ac3 after I "Save Audio" in that format--at least in 2.6.9, which retained (or at least appeared to retain) the Video Output and Audio Output selections after closing a file. I've mentioned in a separate post that 2.6.11 appears to behave differently in this respect, reverting those selections to "Copy" after closing a file.

Hope I've described that clearly and that you can duplicate it.