News:

--

Main Menu

Regression 2.6.8 -> 2.6.11

Started by Upquark, February 13, 2016, 11:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upquark

I just updated from 2.6.8 to the latest version 2.6.11, but all of a sudden Avidemux crashes when doing a copy operation with a specific MP4 file.

In what way can I help?

AQUAR

Provide more detail.
Eg what's in the MP4 - what container are you muxing into - etc

Jan Gruuthuse

1st - If the .idx2 with the same name of the processed video was created with 2.6.8, delete these .idx2 and allow 2.6.11 to re-index the used videos.
2nd - If the problem persists: try a more recent build, see if that helps from http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/

Quote>8 >8 Eg what's in the MP4 >8 >8
detail each audio track (codec, stereo, ac3, dts, ...)

Upquark

First, I removed the .idx2 file, and retried with the most recent build. This time, when doing Save, it crashes with a popup:

Here's what File -> Information says about the file:

I'm trying to save about 10 seconds to an AVI. Saving to a MP4 file DOES work however, didn't try that before! Hopefully that narrows things down enough.

I'm willing to share the file for debug purposes.

AQUAR

AVI is not an appropriate container for holding video compressed with AVC (H264).
MP4 or MKV are proper containers for that kind of material.

That said, selecting AVI should not in itself cause a memory access violation.
If its an ADM issue then others will soon report it as well.

mean

It is indeed a bug that crept in recently
It only happens on windows and only if you save H264 in avi

Jan Gruuthuse

Quotecrept in recently
Has this something to do with a recent change in FDK AAC library license (Fraunhofer FDK AAC) ?
Seen lately distribution has changed, and bin with this lib included are not distributed?
related to --enable-libfdk-aac--enable-nonfree if you also included --enable-gpl?

AQUAR

I think Mean is trying to debug the exception issue as he is building with "Enable asan mode for clang".

Be interesting if this lib breaks when both "nonfree" and "gpl" are flagged.
Wish I had some spare time to learn C++ .

mean

Indeed i'm trying but with little result so far