News:

--

Main Menu

Change frame rate in part of video

Started by BG Davis, February 21, 2016, 02:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BG Davis

Hello,
I'm trying to create a video from an AVCHD clip (1080/60p).  The clip is less than one minute in length.
I want to change the frame rate roughly halfway through.

First I changed Video output from "copy" to "MPEG4 AVC (x264)"
I put the A marker where I wanted it (about halfway through), put the B marker at the end, and changed the frame rate of the selection using the Video Filter.
Avidemux made the change, but when I hit Save only the selected segment was saved.

I then tried using the Filter to change the speed in the segment, then moving the A marker to the start of the video so that the entire video clip was selected before hitting Save.  But Avidemux still only saved the portion that I had changed.
I hope someone can tell me whatââ,¬â,,¢s going wrong.

While weââ,¬â,,¢re at it, how does one remove the A/B markers completely once they have been inserted?  I canââ,¬â,,¢t figure out how to do this.

Thanks!

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: BG Davis on February 21, 2016, 02:51:25 PM
>8 >8 While weââ,¬â,,¢re at it, how does one remove the A/B markers completely once they have been inserted?  I canââ,¬â,,¢t figure out how to do this.

Avidemux Menu -> Edit -> Reset Edit, perhaps.
or use to goto  start of clip followed wby couple of and get as close as you can to begin of clip.
QuoteBut Avidemux still only saved the portion that I had changed.
probably better workflow, goto where you want to start and mark 1st with , save this as part 1
now cut part 1 away with [Ctrl][X]
now edit remaining part of video.

If you have video beyond the point you want to edit,
go to that point and mark 1st with , and save that as part 2

then start editing at remaining video and save as part 2.
Join parts 1,2 and 3 later.

Best I could think of for the moment. Perhaps there are other ideas around how this could work.

BG Davis

Thanks for the answers.

"Reset Edit" will remove the A/B markers, but also removes all edits done up to that point.

The multi-step process you describe for various segments at different frame rates would work, thanks. 
This brings up another question or two:
1. Which output would be best save for minimum image degradation?
2. How bad would the degradation be?  (I know with photo JPEGs, even a couple of saves can have noticeable effects depending on the original file.)

Too bad Avidemux doesn't allow this all in one stage.  I may have to fire up the Adobe Premiere Elements for this.  (Not my favorite program but this is one task it does quite well.)

Jan Gruuthuse

Once you find your wanted settings: save none edited part like part 1 and part 3 with the same settings as you would with use for part 2 the one you edit.
Make your settings for the same type of video and save these as Tinypy project (Menu -> Files -> Tinypy Project -> save as Tinypy Project.
Use a save name for project that makes sense to you.

partly explained in: Any way to retain output settings after closing file in 2.6.11final Win7 x64?

BG Davis