Hi,
2.6.9 Xp no longer supported.
No more support or dont work on XP?
Greetings Micha

mean

I think It can work if you install the free doc viewer from microsoft
It will install the missing libs

popsbox7

This is *not* true!  But there is a work-around for it!  (At least for Windows XP 32-bit; which I'm still running.)  Ever since version 2.6.8 of AviDemux, users of Windows XP have seen this message:

"Entry Point Not Found"
  "The procedure entry point ScriptItemizeOpenType could not be located in the dynamic link library USP10.dll."

You might wonder well, how can Office 2010 can run under XP, but AviDemux will not?  It's because Office doesn't use the standard location for this DLL file; which would normally be in:  C:\WINDOWS\system32
  Instead, it puts a more recent copy of USP10.DLL in its own Office folder after installation:
  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\USP10.DLL 

I grabbed that copy of USP10.DLL (about 634 KB), made a back-up copy of my original file (only 396 KB; just in case) then first copied the newer file to my dllcache folder (must do this) and then to C:\WINDOWS\system32; whereupon the system's Windows File Protection eventually kicks-in and tells you you're trying to use an unofficial file and messing with stuff you shouldn't... do you want to:  "Retry", get "More Information" or "Cancel".  Press the "Cancel" button!  It will then pop-up another window telling you:  "You chose not to restore the original versions of the files.  This may affect Windows stability.  Are you sure you want to keep these unrecognized file versions?"  ANSWER:  "Yes".

It works just fine for me!  Played and edited an .mkv file under XP using AviDemux 2.6.12 some days ago with no trouble.  Of course, I'm keeping my back-up copy of the original UPS10.DLL file, just in case.  I run many different programs and haven't had a problem yet, but would certainly like to get feedback from anyone who has when doing this!