News:

--

Main Menu

Plugin for adding text / graphics to AviDemux?

Started by shukero, March 18, 2016, 03:10:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shukero

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to add some text, as well as a few graphics to my video that I'm making through avidemux. However I need the text and graphics to come and go (most of the time within a few seconds) but the only thing close I can find to this would be the "Add Logo" filter; which doesn't have a "time limit" / "timer".

Is there any plugin out there that will do the job? OR is there an easy way to add text to the file after I export the video from AVI Demux? Please see the attached image for what I want to add to my video. It's basically going to be on the screen for a max of 3 seconds about 10 or 15 times. (At least that's what I'm hoping for).

Thanks!
~Mike

mean

shukero

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 18, 2016, 09:09:25 AM
regarding logo: http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,16622.0.html

Thanks for the information; but could someone give me an example of what the coding would be like in a sub file for this? Also; is the "Logo" feature a bit buggy in AVIDemux? I tried loading the logo attached above into my video just to see how it looked, and I got a mess of black and green boxes :(

Thanks!
~Mike

Jan Gruuthuse

If you call it buggy, it has limitations.
use sub title editor like Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor a free, cross-platform open source tool for creating and modifying subtitles

Jan Gruuthuse

The logo background is not clean enough (is not an even colour, has gradations in it)
Perhaps less compression, multiples of 8 in width and height?
and it is not working with a transparent background.

shukero

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 18, 2016, 02:56:22 PM
The logo background is not clean enough (is not an even colour, has gradations in it)
Perhaps less compression, multiples of 8 in width and height?
and it is not working with a transparent background.

Thanks for the tips. I do know that the background is transparent because I worked on it without a background in a photo editor; and the preview in windows has no background in it either. As for the color tip; I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean it can only be of a certain bit? IE 128bit or 256bit color?

I'll try to remember working in multiples of 8 when I redo the image.

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 18, 2016, 02:28:19 PM
If you call it buggy, it has limitations.
use sub title editor like Aegisub Advanced Subtitle Editor a free, cross-platform open source tool for creating and modifying subtitles

How could I use this to limit the time that the logo is on the screen? could you give me an example of that? The examples given were just sample texts.

**Update**

So I used photoshop to create a brand new greyscale image of an arrow; made it have dimensions of 8, and when I tried to import it into AVIDemux I got an error. See screenshot:

since there error was too long for the screenshot I'll post it here:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
ADM_ConvertRgb24ToYV12(bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned char*)  [libADM_coreImage6.dll]
ADM_setCrashHook  [libADM_core6.dll]
UnhandledExceptionFilter  [KERNELBASE.dll]
memset  [ntdll.dll]
_C_specific_handler  [ntdll.dll]
_chkstk  [ntdll.dll]
RtlImageNtHeaderEx  [ntdll.dll]
KiUserExceptionDispatcher  [ntdll.dll]
ADM_ConvertRgb24ToYV12(bool, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned char*, unsigned char*)  [libADM_coreImage6.dll]
createImageFromFile(char const*)  [libADM_coreImageLoader6.dll]
addLogopFilter::configure()  [libADM_vf_logo.dll]
ADM_vf_configureFilterAtIndex(int)  [avidemux.exe]
filtermainWindow::configureAction()  [avidemux.exe]
QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QAction::activate(QAction::ActionEvent)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::setIcon(QIcon const&)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::internalDelayedPopup()  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::mouseReleaseEvent(QMouseEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QWidget::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QCoreApplication::notifyInternal(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QApplicationPrivate::sendMouseEvent(QWidget*, QMouseEvent*, QWidget*, QWidget*, QWidget**, QPointer<QWidget>&, bool)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
non-virtual thunk to QWidget::metric(QPaintDevice::PaintDeviceMetric) const  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
non-virtual thunk to QWidget::metric(QPaintDevice::PaintDeviceMetric) const  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processMouseEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::MouseEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processWindowSystemEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::WindowSystemEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32Private::sendTimerEvent(int)  [Qt5Core.dll]
DispatchMessageW  [USER32.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
unknown function  [qwindows.dll]
QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QMenu::exec(QPoint const&, QAction*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QMenu::exec(QList<QAction*>, QPoint const&, QAction*, QWidget*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QWidget::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QFrame::event(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QAbstractItemView::viewportEvent(QEvent*)  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughObjectEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processMouseEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::MouseEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QGuiApplicationPrivate::processWindowSystemEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::WindowSystemEvent*)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Gui.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32Private::sendTimerEvent(int)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QEventDispatcherWin32::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
unknown function  [qwindows.dll]
QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>)  [Qt5Core.dll]
QDialog::exec()  [Qt5Widgets.dll]
GUI_handleVFilter()  [avidemux.exe]
HandleAction(Action)  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)  [avidemux.exe]
QMetaObject::activate(QObject*, int, int, void**)  [Qt5Core.dll]
MainWindow::actionSignal(Action)  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::buttonPressed()  [avidemux.exe]
MainWindow::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)  [avidemux.exe]

can someone tell me why this happened?

Thanks!

AQUAR

You could try changing the colour space for the image in photoshop.
Maybe try RGB16 or the YUV colour space for the image and see if ADM will get along with it.

At the moment it looks like you are using RGB24 and ADM can't convert to YV12 (a 12 bit YUV type colour space).

It's just a mere thought and the crash might be something else entirely.

mean