News:

--

Main Menu

Simplified setup to compile your own plugins

Started by mean, March 27, 2016, 06:14:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

The setup has been simplified to port/build your own plugins on windows with msys64

Step 1: Setup, with command line
http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=build:devel_2.6

Coming next : Using eclipse and better API doc
It is very similar to AviSynth

mean

Added netbeans instructions, so an you can do it with the help of a good IDE

AQUAR

@ mean

Thanks for these instructions.

At some stage will you consider updating the wiki instructions on compiling ADM 2.6 using MSYS and MINGW with some IDE like netbeans?

I did manage to muddle my way through with MSYS and MINGW to compile a non featured but working version of ADM2.6.
The "muddling" I have to work on to clarify and I still don't know how to get a complete version of ADM 2.6.

Updated instructions for ADM2.6 would help a lot for the noob programmer.

mean

It's not that easy due to the dependencies
I'll try to update the wiki though

AQUAR

Thanks Mean,
Sometimes just knowing that the information in the wiki is for ADM 2.6 instead of ADM 2.5 is already very helpful.
To me the overall mud map for the build root environment is fuzzy, particularly in terms of incorporating external features (eg x264).

Back in the old days I used to create flow charts for keeping on top of the way my programs worked.
Things are not so simple anymore!

Pity that there are no end users left on the forum that dabbled with compiling ADM on windows.
Tried to contact several but obviously they have moved on.

Jan Gruuthuse

don't know if this will be of any help in future
Quote>8 >8 ... Windows 10 their primary development environment ââ,¬â€œ and today, we responded, sharing that youââ,¬â,,¢ll be able to run native bash on Windows.
source: Windows announcements designed for different types of developers:

AQUAR

I don't know if that will help either.

I'm pretty sure MSYS includes BASH and a host of other UNIX like utilities.
Running the Bootstrap script in the "MSYS" cmd shell is not a problem though.

My muddles come from brutally deleting error generating header files, rewriting bits of code without understanding the wider implications etc etc in order to get the buildroot to compile all the way to a FINISH under MSYS/MINGW.

Would never use the Frankenstein ADM that pops out from that muddling.
Whilst very interesting, I get stuck looking at too many tangents associated with the build process and code issues.

I need help to set up the build root properly so that this part isn't causing uncertainty with the build process.
The old ADM guard had users that were able to do that.
The WIKI applies to ADM 2.5 and seems not relevant to ADM 2.6.