edition of subtitles at same time of movie...?

Started by jcgeny, April 03, 2016, 05:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcgeny

i am making a new MixMovie with the dual trilogy of Hobbit and Lord of the Ring .
movies have a srt file , but i am going to cut and paste films .
so i will have trouble with "times"
may be avidemux could try to handle them :  ;D i mean that he can set to zero the timer when a piece is cut and add relevant time when pasted .
i mean that all srt start at instant 0 of movie but if i add a movie after one or two , srt times need to have the length of previous movies : added

Jan Gruuthuse

This is not an avidemux issue, avidemux is not a subtitle editor.

AQUAR

Also its illegal to modify copyrighted material in anyway.
The mere fact that this material is coupled with an SRT file is already illegal (unless it is provided in an authentic retail package!).

Not that I am a saint!!!
Just suggesting that people need to be careful in what is said on an open forum (keep that kind of thing general!).
We already had a link to a pirated movie just recently (needs to be deleted post haste if not done already!).

jcgeny

i did not knew about srt...
copyright is one thing , cinema is hundred years old and nowadays ' films are making billions in few months ...
beside that making one film is a multimillion business so playing with "rushes" should be allowed for learner..?

AQUAR

@ jcgeny

The copyright laws most definitely do not have exceptions for learners.
Copyright holders do not want un-authorised creative flair applied to their products (let alone a learner).
Someone's translation of a film's spoken words into subtitles is un-authorised creative flair and not allowed.
A learner, re-editing a multi million dollar film, is a recipe for getting into trouble.
And here You are announcing it in an open forum.

At the end of the day it not your movie, you just buy a licence to view it as the makers want you to view it.
All the reasons in the world about how the stinky film industry is making billions, and ripping everyone off, isn't going to give you a legal leg to stand on.

My point here is: be less obvious with the "what" of using avidemux.
In this case: can avidemux do subtitle editing in sync with video material.