News:

--

Main Menu

encoding progress bar stuck at about 24%

Started by praosv, April 03, 2016, 06:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praosv

I am using avidemux 64bit on my windows 7 64 bit version. At present I am using x265 codec for encoding. The encoding progress bar stuck at about 25% and does not move any further. Only when successfully encoded window pops up it will be known that 100% encoding is over. This is the case with every encoding. Is it a bug of the latest version, or some other problem. Please give a solution to sort out the problem.
Thank you.

mean

yourSAS

I have the same issue. I'm using Avidemux (latest version) on Windows 10 x64.
The progress bar gets stuck every time while encoding with HEVC but not necessarily at the same level each time.
It usualy gets stuck anywhere between 10% to 30%.
Finally, when the encoding is complete, the pop-up appears. Until then, no clue about the progress of encoding.
Other things like Time Elapsed, Time Remaining etc.( in the next tab) also get stuck.

This is a very frustrating  gui bug. The only come-around I have found for this bug is just to manually check the output file size frequently (which is useful only if you have a rough idea about final output file-size).

Please fix it asap.

Jan Gruuthuse

Latest is sadly not enough telling exactly what version you're are using: avidemux menu: help: about.
Or where you did download avidemux?
Latest can be found here: http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/
See if exe from 2016/07/30 brings something?

yourSAS

I'm using Avidemux 2.6.12 ( 160715_946407da6b4 ).

Jan Gruuthuse

yourSAS

I tried a the above said build and I didn't find this issue.

However, there's one more GUI issue sharing same circumstances(HEVC encoding) that I forgot to tell.
I don't want to start a new thread again as this is a minor display issue.

While doing HEVC encodes, time elapsed shows incorrect time (most of the times). It usually starts the hour counter with '352'. And hours pass, it starts incrementing it like 353,354 meaning 1hr, 2hr respectively. Yes, this does exist in the latest beta.