News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux 2.6.12 - gui bug in windows 10

Started by m4rkjohnson, July 20, 2016, 08:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4rkjohnson

Hey everyone,

I have been trying some avidemux versions (portable or not) for about the last 3 months on windows 10 and for some reason, all of them have this same bug:

The buttons dont have the labels, not only that but the whole program is very glitchy, sometimes crashing when I click on the seek bar. I dont know what to do, Im pretty sure its just a missing package on windows, something avidemux depends on. Does anyone know what it could be ?

Sorry if this is a double post, I have been searching for an answer on google and here and I couldnt find someone with the same problem as me.

Jan Gruuthuse

You did also tried one of these: win32 or win64  latest from Juli 17 2016?
Windows 32 or 64 bit. OS Language: standard English, French , German or localized?

m4rkjohnson

Jan,

I wasn't sure if I tried that one version so I just downloaded this one: "avidemux_r170716_win64Qt5.7z" and tried again, still the same problem, I'm on Win10 x64 PT-BR.

Thanks for answering :)

mean

Try the installers, they might be more complete

m4rkjohnson

Mean,

I just did that, still the same problem, I installed over the one I had already installed, I'll try an uninstall, install again and see what happens.

m4rkjohnson

Ok, uninstalled and installed again, problem persists  :-\

Jan Gruuthuse

mean just in case you missed/overlooked:
QuoteWin10 x64 PT-BR
=  Portuguese (Brazilian) - pt-BR (info: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/)

could it be Avidemux loads no menu, if the localisation (translation) file is not found? Should perhaps load English if none was found?

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you try:
Avidemux menu: Edit: Preferences (2nd option from bottom)
[User Interface] (1st TAB left)

[ ] Use systray while encoding
Message level: [Display all allerts]
Language: [System language] (last option) <= change only this one.

change [System language] to [English] (1st option after System language)

Bottom right hand corner press [OK] (right box) (left box is cancel) [  ] [  ]

added (locations) just in case no text is present.

m4rkjohnson

Jan,

You are correct, many of the texts weren't present, I did what you said, then restarted the program, its fixed now!

-

-

Jan Gruuthuse

Yep, the translation file is missing or none existing. I'm not English native, and come across similar issues before (in my early windows days)

m4rkjohnson

Jan Gruuthuse