view of folder when opening files

Started by mynameisneo, May 08, 2016, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynameisneo

Hi there,

Using this on Linux Mint, when I try to open something  it displays all files and folders in list view only - there is no way to see a thumbnail image/icon view so you can identify easily which file you're clicking on (would be handy when you're working with files from a phone).

For a program that's about video/image manipulation it just seems like such a glaring oversight, tbh.

Jan Gruuthuse

Avidemux is not a video player, certainly not for a phone!
QuoteAvidemux is a simple tool for simple video processing tasks. The keyword here is simple: it does not offer tools like a timeline, multitrack editing, you cannot freely move or splice audio and video clips from various sources. However, Avidemux allows you to do elementary things in a very straightforward way.
Source: Avidemux Wiki Quickstart

mynameisneo

"Avidemux is not a video player, certainly not for a phone!"

I never said it was. What I meant was, when working with files that are copied from a phone, the filenames aren't descriptive, so a thumbnail view would be nice.

Jan Gruuthuse

Open an  file browser.  Put on the leftside of your screen. Put it in icon display mode. Then open avidemux. Drag and drop the icon representation of video on to  avidemux workspace and  that's it.

mynameisneo

Thanks. I did think of that as a workaround... I wasn't really after a solution (but thanks for your time anyway)... I'm only bringing the issue up because the forum is supposed to be for: "Whine here if there is some improvement needed concerning usability / interface".

AQUAR

Forum is not for whining but for, among other things, to present your needs politely and with some reasoning.

Using expressions like "A glaring oversight" is overly dramatic.
At best your issue is a small inconvenience.

This line "For a program that's about video/image manipulation it just seems like such a glaring oversight, tbh" only smacks of negativity towards those people that provide you with a free program.