a couple of 'could this possibly be added?'

Started by terminaltrip421, May 10, 2016, 05:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terminaltrip421

questions based on the file clipper I was using prior to discovering the far superior avidemux of course. the two things I would have migrated if possible would be the ability to type into the fields of either time: or markers A & B: even if it was just to the nearest minute or the like I think it would be a lot easier than the dragging of the bar method. not that this hasn't already been considered, just that I'm still new so had to ask.

and the other is probably even more likely to have been considered but; marking multiple clips at once as to have them self-process in succession?

whatever the case still just grateful for the program but had to ask given the opportunity. thanks again!

Jan Gruuthuse

Avidemux Menu: Go
Go To Time
if you see Ctrl+T, with loaded video, next time you can key press simultaneous [Ctrl] [T] directly.
batch processing could be you answer for similar video

or you prepare each video settings and what you try to do
Avidemux Menu: File
Queue
if you see Ctrl+U, with loaded video, next time you can key press simultaneous [Ctrl] [U] directly.

terminaltrip421

alright, got to time works. not how the queue thing works. I presumably queued up two items but don't know where to go to make them saved. it's okay though. 

on an unrelated note I attempted some clipping of files I captured with an hdmi recorder in h.264. they opened but there was no way to seek as it said there were no frames to seek to. so I saved / copied the whole file with the mkv muxer and then that new file I opened it looks like avidemux added frame markers or something (I was hoping it might) and now I can clip it like normal so that's really cool!

thanks again =)

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: terminaltrip421 on May 11, 2016, 08:13:22 AM
on an unrelated note I attempted some clipping of files I captured with an hdmi recorder in h.264. they opened but there was no way to seek as it said there were no frames to seek to. so I saved / copied the whole file with the mkv muxer and then that new file I opened it looks like avidemux added frame markers or something (I was hoping it might) and now I can clip it like normal so that's really cool!

Can you provide a sample recording (10 seconds) would do (50 to 100 MB max.)
ps:- Use a free dropbox account, mega or similar webservice (free public access, without registration to download your uploaded video) thank you.

Jan Gruuthuse

Load 1st video, When finished making changes:

Avidemux menu: File -> Queue or directly [Ctrl][U]
in window "Queue job to joblist"
Job name   : Job1 (name for job in joblist)
Output file: Output1 (name for saved video)

Load 2nd video, When finished making changes
Avidemux menu: File -> Queue or directly [Ctrl][U]
in window "Queue job to joblist"
Job name   : Job2 (name for job in joblist)
Output file: Output2 (name for saved video)

Exit avidemux

Start avidemux jobs (separate executable, same location where avidemux sits)

mark [v] use QT4 version (bottom of window)
press [Run jobs]

terminaltrip421

okay now I understand. yeah I was actually hoping to be able to queue up multiple jobs from a single video.

Jan Gruuthuse

You could create different job wiith the same loaded video, make changes in settings, and save as new job (use new job and output name, or it would overwrite the previous one)