Fixed: 838703c [Qt] Try to do better with refresh video display

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, May 29, 2016, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

fixed: ada155d    [editor] Workaround bad display of first frame on interlaced content
If this refers to garbled frame after loading video.
My preliminary observations would be:
graphic buffer not cleared before loading video: fragments of previously loaded video 720p4audioTracks3satá´´á´° showing through.
-- perhaps load black frame before loading rebuild video frame)
-- black frame code is already there in filters 'Black'

also noticed the key frame is not on 00:00:00, the next key frame (up keyboard arrow) is ahead. With provided mpeg-ts 1080i sample file it is @ 00:00:00.400

010seconds1920x1080OneTrack.ts @ wetransfer.com File (4.49 MB total) Will be deleted on 5 June, 2016

EEMcGee

I've been wondering about the first Key frame not at 0 on the time too.  The sound on any video I load does not keep time with the video for the last couple official builds.  It is like the video and sound are running at two different speeds; not just offset.

Jan Gruuthuse

sound: DTS or AC3 or Stereo, be more specific, could be important as avidemux is not really a video player.

EEMcGee

I'm editing US broadcast over the air TV shows.  Checking a few different shows it looks like it is probably always AC3 as a standard for the USA over the air broadcast TV.

mean

That problem has always be there, more or less blatant
I'm letting it for the moment as it is a very easy to reproduce use case, so that i can focus on it later (very soon)

EEMcGee

I've been using Avidemux for a 3-4 years and it seems like since 2.6.10, I believe, the problem has been more apparent.  It seems like it used to get a little out here and there.  Now it seems like there is a specific speed difference between the video and audio playback as the gap seems to grow at a specific rate.
     I don't know if the description helps as to where in the code the may be a number that needs to be more precise as if it were getting rounded to the nearest digit or just a constant in a formula that is just the wrong number as it would make the gap grow at a constant rate.  Hope that helps but you probably have a much better idea than me already.

Jan Gruuthuse

Most likely the developers need more info on this.
- can you check this has nothing to do with 60 fps (US) vs 50 fps (EU)
- produce/document a work flow that produces this result, so developer(s) can reproduce this themselves.
- this effect does this happen too when you save the video in avidemux and play with vlc?
- does this happen also on other media player(s): movie on usb stick/over network to flatscreen or on blu-ray player, ....

Playing video with AC3 on pc could be an issue: delay, this delay is however constant.
Once you start documenting: create a new thread with your findings.

mean

I would need a sample video
I live in PAL land , and if indeed it is a rounding issue, it does not happen as easily here

EEMcGee

I'm going to try working with the videos on two different systems first to see if it specific to the computer system I have been working on.