Suggestion for a new "Stall" filter

Started by Norbert, June 06, 2016, 05:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norbert

Sometimes there are a couple of seconds in a source video that should be changed. The "Black" filter would blacken the respective part, however I'd think often it would be better to just keep the content of the last frame before the part to be changed, standing still (stalled) for the time in question.

I'm using ADM 2.6.12 om Windows 7 or Windows 10 respectively.

Jan Gruuthuse

perhaps not 100%, have you seen / tried:

How to Fade Filter
result: Faded video clip

Norbert

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2016, 06:39:45 AM
perhaps not 100%, have you seen / tried:

How to Fade Filter
result: Faded video clip

I've seen the Fade filter option, however I think this is something at best to kind of smooth endings or beginnings of a video or a scene. What I have in mind with my "stalling" filter proposal is when within a tv broadcast scene there is an insertion of couple of seconds duration which may be a commercial or a brief information what will be sent next by the tv station in question. Sometimes such inserts don't qualify for the dologo filter because of most of the screen would occur blurry if the unwanted insertion is of big size.

For such situations, blackening would interrupt the viewer's mind re. the continuation of the video, and set him to wonder if there is a technical fault in the video. Having the last picture before the insertion stalled would help more to keep the viewer's mind to the video, at least that's what I think.