Avidemux CLI - What does Error -13 mean and how to resolve it?

Started by sveni2211, July 07, 2016, 09:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sveni2211

Hi.

I'm using avidemux since a longer time, primarly for converting TS files and this works without any problems.
Now i also want to convert some video files stored in mkv container. I'm using a self written dot.net service with local application (using avidemux cli) so i am able to create central work queue. This queue is processed by two pc's at night.
All of TS files are processed without any problems. But nearly 90% of mkv files are aborted. There is a error -13 reported. But i don't find any information about this error code (also searched by google). If i use the same video file with avidemux (non cli) with same settings like in the job files for the queue, the file is processed without errors.

So, does anyone tell me, what this error code does mean or what the problem could be?
I have attached a screenshot of the error message, too.

I have tested avidemux versions:
- r260616 (was a nightly build i tried too)

Jan Gruuthuse

fails to open from?
Can you check in dot.net service with echo or something similar if the created filename is matching against the existing filename?
Disable processing avidemux, just compare what you request to process. That will probably give you a clue.

There could be an issue in
- path depth
- non US ascii used in path or file name
- space used in path or file name
passed to the command line processor. (some oddities between windows environment and dos box?)

Keep path names as shortly as possible for with CLI (command line interface) processing (like d:\ToProcess)
Don't use none ascii characters (éèàñ ...) you get the picture?

sveni2211

The source video files are copied by the service from file server to local temp hard drive. On both machines there are more than 100 GB free on this drive.
In (systernals, noch microsoft) process explorer the parameters for cli are shown correct (also quoted).
The clue is, if i try the same file name (only difference is ts <-> mkv), the ts file is processed well, only the mkv failed. But both contains same source formats (AVC/H.264 with AC3 or DTS sound). So i think the problem is the mkv format as source.

Jan Gruuthuse

open dos box, set dos box so it keeps open,  and just start avidemux CLI and see what the output is providing.
perhaps some clue is there?

What if you enter the command (as if the script would do) directly on the prompt? Does it work then?
check with media info the mkv container, perhaps there is other stuff in there? (like request for Font, ...)

http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:tinypy

mean

sveni2211

@mean:
Yes. Most of the files are bigger than 4 GB. Not only the MKV, also the TS files (AVC/AC3 720p or 1080i).

@Jan Gruuthuse:
In a dos box i got the same error code.

I have converted for test one of the mkv files to a TS file (not in avidemux). And tried to use this file - and it works. Sees really to be a problem with the mkv container. As work arround i think to automate this additional step or try to use ffmpeg for conversion of mkv files. The TS files has to be cuted. For this avidemux is great. The MKV doesn't need cutting. So maybe one of this two ways may be the better way.

mean