--

Main Menu

Started by mean, September 17, 2016, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

Some informations on the next steps :
* More polishing
* Update ffmpeg
* Update the native translatable Qt string to the Qt5 ones. (qt_*.ts) .we use the Qt4 ones at the moment, which creates untranslatable strings. Thanks Daniel for pointing it out. It also means Qt4 support will be dropped more or less.
* Editing engine cleanup (copy/paste/etc...)
* More useless video filters

Feel free to add your wishes

eumagga0x2a

While I would normally jump up and clap hands whenever I read the word "polishing", and Avidemux could IMHO readily absorb a year worth of dedicated work, I would cautiously suggest to target a rapid (3-5 weeks) release of 2.6.15 just with

• ffmpeg update
  • Editing engine fixes
  • Maybe a fix for one or two most annoying usability issues like e.g. resetting codec/filter on file load

and deferring other tasks to 2.6.16. As a bonus, this would allow to field-test the new update notification.

I already tried to replace qt_de.ts with most recent Qt5 one on my own, but must have picked a wrong version or such as this didn't help during my brief and incomplete testing.

AQUAR

I have a wish!

I wish that some end users here would stop being so negatively vocal about ADM developments, when their ideas about the how and the what and the when of it somehow doesn't fit in with their perceptions.

If you wish to comment about anything ADM related, do it with some substance in your points of view, have some respect and empathy for those that do the work.

That's my wish.

RocketJet

I would like Avidemux to make a sound when it finishes an encode.  It doesn't need to be much - a MessageBeep will do.

The reason is that I run long encodes in the background while I do something else, so I need a sound to alert me when the encode finishes,

mean

"Avidemux could IMHO readily absorb a year worth of dedicated work"
True enough, but it will not happen, sadly

EEMcGee

How about just adding an option into preferences to change all of the key bindings to what ever key you want.  I'm guessing there is probably a library out there that could be integrated into Avidemux without much programming.  Again that is a guess?  They usually allow any mouse functions to be used as a key binding too.