News:

--

Main Menu

Main Tool Bar Missing Almost Every Button

Started by rbp, August 19, 2016, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbp

I downloaded Avidemux tonight, but I seem to be having a problem. The main toolbar is mostly nonexistent.
Here's the full tool bar as I'm sure you all know:

And here's mine, missing most of those buttons:

I think I went through all the settings and couldn't find a way to turn the rest of the buttons in the toolbar on. And I tried downloading both the x64bit and x32bit versions, but it was the same for both. What am I doing wrong? I'm stumped here.

mean

No, it's normal
the UI has been simplified a few versions back

rbp

:D :D :D :D
Okay sweet! I just thought something on my computer was breaking it, thank you very much!

itopcho

Hi, does one open the calculator then? F7 doesn't seem to work... I am using win version 2.6.19 64b

Jan Gruuthuse

p3trus

Quote from: mean on August 19, 2016, 12:58:46 PM
No, it's normal
the UI has been simplified a few versions back
'Simplified' might not be the right term - some functions (eg the bitrate calculator or the additional preview modes allowing still frame comparison amongst other advantages) were simply removed;
other actions got quite more complicated (eg adding a filter and moving that one to top of other existing filters - with the buttons, you could simply keep clicking the 'move filter up' button, now you have to right-click the filter, chose 'move up', move the mouse to the new position of the filter, right-click ... if you have set up a complex filter chain and find out that you'll need a deinterlacer first, that's a quite annoying method to move the filter up for some half a dozen positions).

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: p3trus on April 23, 2017, 02:10:35 PM
adding a filter and moving that one to top of other existing filters - with the buttons, you could simply keep clicking the 'move filter up' button, now you have to right-click the filter, chose 'move up', move the mouse to the new position of the filter, right-click ... if you have set up a complex filter chain and find out that you'll need a deinterlacer first, that's a quite annoying method to move the filter up for some half a dozen positions.

Not working reordering per drag'n'drop in the active filter list is a bug to be investigated (on my todo list) and hopefully fixed. Moving a filter to the top should be as simple as dragging it there with the mouse.

p3trus

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 23, 2017, 09:11:36 PM...reordering per drag'n'drop...
That would be the finest solution indeed (and that was my first try, using drag & drop, so I guess it's somewhat intuitive ;) )
Thanks & good luck for investigating!

eumagga0x2a

Reordering of active filters using drag-n-drop should work now.

eumagga0x2a

Hold on, while visually the list of active filters gets reordered, the actual filter chain doesn't change, so it doesn't work yet. It will probably take some time for me to implement the slot for the rowsMoved() signal from the active list's model, which gets fired when items of the active filter list get DnD'ed.

eumagga0x2a