Slider position doesn't advance on mouse hold, rewind on mouse hold works

Started by eumagga0x2a, September 04, 2016, 10:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

STR:

• Load a video in Avidemux, go to time somewhere not directly at the beginning or at the end of the video
  • Press and hold the mouse ahead of the slider position
  • Press and hold the mouse behind the slider position

Actual Results:
After Step 2, Avidemux prints at irregular time intervals e.g.

[HandleAction]  ************ Scale **************
  [HandleAction_Navigate]  Scale :4102
  [HandleAction_Navigate]  Scale Time:10056 ms (total=24517 ms)
  [HandleAction_Navigate]  Scale Time:00:00:10,056 ms
  [HandleAction_Navigate]  Seeking to  Time:00:00:10,034 ms
  [DecodePictureUpToIntra]   DecodeUpToInta 319 ref:0
[edCache] Flush
Paint event

when using the testcase from http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17060.0.html as video, where the value for "Seeking to  Time:" never changes.
After Step 3, Avidemux performs fast rewind up to the mouse position as it should (and then goes one more keyframe backwards on mouse release which is http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17060.0.html).

Expected Results:
After Step 2: Fast forward to the nearest keyframe to the left of the mouse position.

fish

Yes am seeing that, it's not something I have ever used but clicking and holding the mouse behind the stationary playhead, fast rewinds through the video. Clicking and holding the mouse ahead of the stationary playhead does nothing. I have not noticed this 'feature' until now.

foxidrive

Is this perhaps a related issue?

Loading WMV files and these two items below do not move the video past a certain point.

goto time
seek on the navigation bar

This is an image which shows the time it stalls at and the length of the videos.

eumagga0x2a

The issue sounds like Excessively jerky position slider jumps back to keyframe-1 when released, but it is overloaded with an unrelated problem that the index seems to be wrong or corrupted. It states that the total duration should be 2 hours, 11 minutes and 36.647 seconds, which must be wrong if you can't play past 59 minutes and 57.111 seconds. The same applies to the second video.

By the way, which Qt theme and which font size is it? Is it a HiDPI screen? The size of the text field with the time display was increased to accomodate its content, but it is obviously not enough in some circumstances (see http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17079.msg76763.html#msg76763 and below).

foxidrive

Thank you very much for your reply.

It is a webcam video and the length is accurate, and the QT version is the default Windows 32 bit release.

This is the point this video gets to using the arrow key.

This shows the point it reaches when playing by itself, and I'm unsure if the zero audio length is due to the audio variable bitrate.

For some further info: VLC will play though that point and it will seek with the arrow keys through it too, but I guess the step size matters there.   VLC will seek at any point on the navigation bar.

My higher font size might be the reason for the odd box sizing.

mean

Make sure you remove EVERYTHING before reinstalling it anew
The 2.6.13 version and nightlies were not built using the same toolchains, if you have some crufts from a previous install, that kind of error can happen

foxidrive

Quote from: mean on September 06, 2016, 06:24:29 AM
Make sure you remove EVERYTHING before reinstalling it anew
The 2.6.13 version and nightlies were not built using the same toolchains, if you have some crufts from a previous install, that kind of error can happen

Which folders are these files meant to exist in?  Avidemux is trying to find them and they don't exist in the Avidemux tree.

libeay32.dll
SSLeay32.dll

mean

They are openSSL file
It might be a dependency pulled by Qt Network, let me check

eumagga0x2a

I deeply apologize, but would it be possible to separate the bugreport and the first reply from the following, completely unrelated discussion?

foxidrive, thank you for the details about the font configuration leading to issues with the GUI.