News:

--

Main Menu

New release soon

Started by mean, September 11, 2016, 07:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

Please report show stoppers with the nightlies / send last minute patches (mostly translation)

eumagga0x2a

If the release would be scheduled for the next week-end, I could try to add German translations for most filters. Not today and not tomorrow, however. You'll find a quick intermediate update for the Russian translation here.

A full solution, even redesign of the resizing logic (maybe including zooming) would be my personal top blocker because the effects of the issue look so atrocious. Users who switch from the Avidemux Qt4 to Qt5 will be shocked.

mean

My main concern is that all libavcodec based encoder were instantly crashing in 2.6.13
+ introduce the "A new version is available" notification

Agreed, the seeking could use some more intelligent design, but most probably later

Waiting one week is fine, thanks

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for your patience.

While a week is surely too short for bigger undertakings, would it be feasible to look into the remaining part of http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,17110.0.html (the File menu path to run a script is not fixed) instead? Frankly speaking, I wasn't aware of the markers being successfully saved and restored prior to reading that topic as there were no clues in the GUI whatsoever.

Hoping for a comprehensive solution for the GUI resizing issue during the 2.6.15 release cycle then. A redesign of seeking behaviour on drag would be a nice extra for that cycle, thanks.

eumagga0x2a

By the way, maybe creating a release branch would be possible this time in order not to halt development? If not a branch at least setting a tag would be great.

Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Just a short status update that the German translation of the vast majority of filters and some various spots across the application will be ready today. 133 neu translations added and 119 existing translations corrected or modified so far.

While working on translation, I ran into an issue that in

diaElemToggle ::diaElemToggle(bool *toggleValue,const char *toggleTitle, const char *tip):

and

diaElemUInteger ::diaElemUInteger(uint32_t *intValue,const char *toggleTitle, uint32_t min, uint32_t max,const char *tip) :

from avidemux_core/ADM_coreUI/src/DIA_factory.cpp:495 and avidemux_core/ADM_coreUI/src/DIA_factory.cpp:147 the tooltip part apparently doesn't work, e.g. tooltips from avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/kernelDeint/ADM_vidKernelDeint.cpp:73 and adjacent lines never show.

The second problem is that labels in .ui files like in avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/eq2/qt4/eq2.ui seemingly can't have accelerators, at least not in a cheap way just with underscores or ampersands in a translation.

Again, the inability of Qt (or just of lrelease-qt5) to keep different translations for identical strings in different contexts appart is crippling, e.g. it is impossible to translate avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/vdpauFilters/ADM_vidVdpauFilter.cpp:208 and avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/vdpauFilters/ADM_vidVdpauFilterDeint.cpp:332 independently. On other hand I catch myself painting with translation over wording issues in the source over and over again. Correcting them and all .ts files without relying on lupdate in time for the release would be a too big undertaking though.

eumagga0x2a

I've added a small update for the Russian translation focused on the new "check for update" feature.

mean

mean

The tips are there but not working (not coded actually)