Print elapsed time on slow motion video

Started by building, November 14, 2016, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

building

Hi,

I need some help for an unprofessional video :) I have a 1s long video sequence taken with 200fps, which I want to show in "slow motion" (24fps), with a print of the elapsed time on the final video. Some filters allow to do that (PrintInfo + Change fps) and I'm almost done. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that the info are printed in a white font, at the top left corner of the video. In my case, the picture is always very bright there, making the info very difficult to read.
Do you know a way to either print the info somewhere else, or change the font color to black?

If someone knows about how to solve this, would be nice to let me know! Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

From a brief reading of the code, it looks like the color is hardcoded in ADMImage::printString function from avidemux_core/ADM_coreImage/src/ADM_print.cpp. Actually, there is a slim black outline which should make the text legible on bright backgrounds.

The position is hardcoded in printInfoFilter::getNextFrame function from avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/printInfo/printInfo.cpp.

If you use Linux, it es quite easy to modifiy the values to your liking and to rebuild Avidemux. On Windows, compiling Avidemux from source seems to be really hard. Anyway, modifying and rebuilding just the plugin which would allow to adjust the position is much easier (https://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=build:devel_2.6).

building

Hi!

Thank you for the information - I will try to play arounf with the plugin!