News:

--

Main Menu

incomplete encoding mpeg4 asp (ff)

Started by psykho88, November 15, 2016, 10:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psykho88

Hi everybody,
I downloaded avidemux on my macbook pro and tried to convert a .mkv file to a .avi file using mpeg4 asp (ff) video encoder and copying audio track but everytime I launch encoding it stops at minute 21 (the movie lasts more than 2 hours) and I cannot understand why it works like this. I tried with other encoder like mpeg4 avc (x264) and it works great. But I need the file with mpeg4 asp (ff) encoder.
Hope someone has solution for my problem.
Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

In case your video grows beyond 2GiB in size: Have you configured the AVI muxer to use OPENDML format? Otherwise please specify the version of Avidemux you are using.

Unfortunately, I don't know how you retrieve the Avidemux log file on Mac (on Linux you just run the application from the terminal, on Windows it is accessible from the "Help" menu within Avidemux). This log could help to troubleshoot the issue.

psykho88

I think I did it right, I selected create opendml file in preferences under "output" tab and selected opendml in avi muxer configuration. Should I do something more? I don't know how to find log file in mac but I don't know if it would be useful because the program doesn't give me any error message, it simply consider the conversion as done completed but it's not actually.

I use latest version, 2.6.14

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: psykho88 on November 16, 2016, 01:19:46 AM
I think I did it right, I selected create opendml file in preferences under "output" tab and selected opendml in avi muxer configuration. Should I do something more?

No, that is all one can do WRT the AVI container format.

QuoteI don't know how to find log file in mac but I don't know if it would be useful because the program doesn't give me any error message, it simply consider the conversion as done completed but it's not actually.

Without Avidemux log, it is impossible even to guess the nature of the problem, unless you provide a sample which would allow to reproduce the issue. Have you tried to run

avidemux

from the terminal? (The .dmg file has a structure Avidemux2/Avidemux2.6.app/Contents/Resources/bin/avidemux)

If this launches Avidemux,

avidemux > ~/admlog.txt 2>&1

would save the log as "admlog.txt" in your home directory.

QuoteI use latest version, 2.6.14

Could you please test the latest available (alas, not very recent) Mac OS nightly as well?

psykho88

I tested the version you linked, the problem I experienced is still the same but I solved it in another way since in this version there is one more encoder called mpeg4 asp (xvid4). I used this and it worked fine even though I still can't find an explanation about the other encoder.
Thank you for your support!

eumagga0x2a

While I'm glad that you've found an alternative solution, a chance to identify a possible real problem in the MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile FFmpeg-based encoder in Avidemux is missed this way.