News:

--

Main Menu

2.5.3 was better?

Started by Newrone, November 20, 2016, 02:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newrone

I was delighted to see a new update to Avidemux 2.6.15.

Having made the leap to "update" though, I see for some jobs I'll still have to go back to version 2.5.3, because -

• there's no "Pause" option! "Play" and "Stop" both return to the original position,
  • even when stopped, the frame only shows as unfiltered (e.g. subtitles, which I need to check frame-by-frame),
  • buttons under the menu and in the filter window are still absent, and
  • there is no longer a side-by-side comparative view.
Also, I notice 48kHz 24bit .wav is still not handled as an input file-format option. (It plays as white noise!) Strange as it's a basic standard. I have to downgrade to 44.1kHz, 16bit to be able to import to video.

Have I missed something?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Newrone on November 20, 2016, 02:35:41 AM
>8 >8
Quotethere's no "Pause" option! "Play" and "Stop" both return to the original position
press play (=pause) and stop halts video, press play video continue where it stopped (function overlap?) <= Developers - Perhaps pressing stop should rewind the video to the start?
Quoteeven when stopped, the frame only shows as unfiltered (e.g. subtitles, which I need to check frame-by-frame)
use a subtitle editor like Aegisub for this purpose.

QuoteHave I missed something?
You've been away to long. If you revert to 2.5.3 fall back to 2.5.6 (2.5.# is no longer supported) if it is available for your OS

the other questions I leave to the developers.Make a reasonable request and maybe some time ....
Keep in mind 2.5 branch is frame based editor, 2.6 branch is time based: mostly to do with newer video codecs

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Newrone on November 20, 2016, 02:35:41 AM

• there's no "Pause" option! "Play" and "Stop" both return to the original position,

There is a comment in the code which sheds some light why it is this way: https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/blob/master/avidemux/common/gui_play.cpp#L150.

Jan Gruuthuse

behaviour pressing:
- play, preview not enabled: cursor stays where video is and continues
- play, preview enabled: cursor returns to position where video started playing (not necessarily the beginning of the video)