News:

--

Main Menu

Can't open mp3

Started by Blue Unicorn, December 10, 2016, 07:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Unicorn

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks everyone for great piece of software and this forum. I have an issue that is driving me crazy. I'm using Avidemux about once a year to create occasional time-lapse (actually used to use ffmpg before). Upgraded to Linux Mint 18 and realised there's no Avidemux. Managed to install it anyway and hit the wall. I wasn't able to add or even open any mp3 - it used to work on this PC about 8 months ago. All I was getting was a message that it can't add the mp3 file because of demuxer. After some reading decided to downgrade (complete reinstall) down to Mint 17.2, the last version with Avidemux in repos. I have the GTK+ and Qt versions, both 2.5.4. Now I'm getting only message "Could not open the file". I've tried to download different mp3 also tried to open it and save in Audacity, still the same message when I try to pen in Avidemux.
The weirdest thing, nobody mentioned my problem before. Not sure if there is something wrong with my PC or some silly setting that I (getting old) can't find.

Audio file: http://musicpleer.cc/#!c475ee39ba8c8b1a6bb6428f78828eeb   -  If you want to try it with your version.

Thanks for reading the whole thing.

mean

Works fine here

If your linux is 64bits, you should try the appImage, nothing to install

Blue Unicorn

Mean; thanks for quick reply.
Never heard of appImage, will have to read a bit. It looks like a middleman. I'm sort of thinking of trying completely different distro far from Mint/Ubuntu like Suse and try to install Avidemux there. I just wanted to make sure there is nothing wrong with the file. Also opening the mp3 file I simply open Avidemux, click open, locate the mp3 file and hit open. Or should I somehow create a project and than import the audio in?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Blue Unicorn on December 10, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
Never heard of appImage, will have to read a bit.

You can also build Avidemux on Ubuntu/Mint from source easily:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install git
git clone https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2.git
cd avidemux2
bash createDebFromSourceUbuntu.bash --prefix=/usr/local
sudo ldconfig

If everything goes well, you should be able to run Avidemux with the command

avidemux3_qt5

You must uninstall other Avidemux packages first!

QuoteI'm sort of thinking of trying completely different distro far from Mint/Ubuntu like Suse and try to install Avidemux there.

Why? Avidemux can't be the reason, even if you get e.g. 2.6.15 packaged by rpmfusion.org on Fedora.

QuoteAlso opening the mp3 file I simply open Avidemux, click open, locate the mp3 file and hit open.

This won't work this way. You must load a video, then you can add your mp3 file as an external soundtrack ("Audio" -> "Select Track" -> ".... Add audio track" from the track dropdown menu).

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Blue Unicorn on December 10, 2016, 07:19:03 PM
>8>8 Never heard of appImage, will have to read a bit. It looks like a middleman.>8>8
See: Avidemux Universal app