2.6.15 Could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"

Started by jebediah, December 20, 2016, 08:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jebediah

My hair is falling as I am giving yet another go at queuing jobs with Avidemux on a 10.11 Mac.

Usually running 2.6.8, but when executing avidemux_jobs in the Terminal, pressing the Run Jobs button in the GUI gives me the following error:

[spawnProcess]  ==================== Start of spawner process job ================
[u][b]sh: avidemux3_cli: command not found[/b][/u]
  [spawnProcess]  ==================== End of spawner process job ================
  [spawnChild]  Spawning successfull
  [waitForConnect]  Select failed
  [runOneJob]  No connect

The same goes with QT4 checked, where the error will state avidemux3_qt4 instead of avidemux3_cli. Neither of them is inside the app structure or on my system, and I cannot find them on their own online.

Therefore I resolved to running the latest version, 2.6.15 from Fosshub or nightly, and both are broken in a different way. Here is what I get upon launching the avidemux or avidemux_jobs executable:

[UI_Init] 08:12:48-330  Starting QT4 GUI...
Setting qt plugin folder
QCoreApplication::applicationDirPath: Please instantiate the QApplication object first
New plugin path =/
[u][b]This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"
in "".[/b][/u]

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Abort trap: 6
logout

Has anybody an idea how to solve either of these problems, or provide a clean method for running jobs. Not being able to GUI batch process videos with this excellent piece of software drives me crazy everytime.

mean

The 1st part is probably just the binary missing from the bundle
if you symlink avidemux or avidemux_qt5 to avidemux_cli, it may work