This avidemux 2.6.15 Voila

Started by truemate, January 09, 2017, 11:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

truemate

Hiii Avidemux Team 
just want to say this avi demux 2.6.15 version is BEEEEST ever version
no error no lag screen (preview/play window) even not those Too Short messages.. everything is in its BEST.

truemate

hi jan,
yea i know abt this new version.. before this i even try that 2.6.16 & 17 they was really beta..prob in them..

but this 2.6.18 still have left some prob.. regarding the preview screen
i mean when using delogo or cropping files its really not so good.That preview screen while using delogo is so small in size i hardly able to see where the selected delogo box is going and if i uncheck that autozoom.. then forgot it.. it will go beyond the screen,which is no use.

after 2.6.15 everything is been mess up regarding preview screen

it should be same like this.. below attachment

here even the selected box borders can been seen easily but this wont show properly in any version after 2.6.15 .. they so dim, especially when using 1080p size files

Jan Gruuthuse

1080i No Preview:

select a frame where the lines are more visible (use slider on top to move in video)
approx. set around logo.
switch to preview, bottom left hand corner:

1080i Preview:

notice immediately: right side and top of logo is not blended: orange
adjust so logo is covered:

1080i Preview Corrected:

click on thumbnails to enlarge

eumagga0x2a

The real bug with MPlayer delogo2 introduced by the reworked flyDialog is that with AutoZoom enabled, one can't set the position of the left top corner of the box with the mouse beyond a fraction of the video surface if the video has been zoomed.

eumagga0x2a

The new Qt5-only MPlayer delogo2 dialog is awesome!

@truemate, if you can't build Avidemux from source, try out the latest nightly build (64bit nightly builds for windows).

Jan Gruuthuse

You can define now the area to delogo by dragging the corners of the reddish rectangle:

and preview the end result:

click on thumbnail(s) to enlarge

truemate

sorry for late reply...

badluck i got 3 times that Too Short messages error :/
i choose option mp4v2 then it was ok

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 11, 2017, 08:20:53 AM
You can define now the area to delogo by dragging the corners of the reddish rectangle:

and preview the end result:

click on thumbnail(s) to enlarge

??? where are all these features.. i cant get anything like these reddish selections ?
mine pc  win 7 32bit

truemate

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 10, 2017, 10:37:16 PM
The new Qt5-only MPlayer delogo2 dialog is awesome!

@truemate, if you can't build Avidemux from source, try out the latest nightly build (64bit nightly builds for windows).
i try all these.. that screen resolution still have same prob..
even i try it on 64bit laptop... with 64bit version.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: truemate on March 08, 2017, 05:03:09 PM
??? where are all these features.. i cant get anything like these reddish selections ?
mine pc  win 7 32bit

This is what the delogo filter looks like in my own current 64-bit build for Windows on Windows 7 (32 bit is the same). I must admit that I don't run binaries from other sources.

If you don't get the new look of the Delogo filter, you are actually not running a recent (after Feb 15) nightly build (these are all Qt5 builds, which is the requirement that you get the new GUI).

edit: in doubt, please post the admlog.txt (compress it first, if necessary). You'll find it in Avidemux "Help" --> "Advanced" --> "Open application data folder".

truemate

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on March 08, 2017, 06:11:37 PM
This is what the delogo filter looks like in my own current 64-bit build for Windows on Windows 7 (32 bit is the same). I must admit that I don't run binaries from other sources.

If you don't get the new look of the Delogo filter, you are actually not running a recent (after Feb 15) nightly build (these are all Qt5 builds, which is the requirement that you get the new GUI).

edit: in doubt, please post the admlog.txt (compress it first, if necessary). You'll find it in Avidemux "Help" --> "Advanced" --> "Open application data folder".

mine File version is 2.6.18 39033
product version is 2.6.18 170105

i attached admlog txt

P.S-
yes in version after feb15 i have seen that red selection delogo option.. its nice.
BUT
we cant grab and take it to the desired position.. its really time consuming when using 720p size files.By keep on adding/clicking for numbers in that X,Y, width height boxes to bring it on right place.

in older version atleast we click on anywhere, the delego selection box comes near to it..but in new version it wont happen

truemate

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 09, 2017, 04:21:12 AM
YouTube Avidemux Demo: Mplayer Delogo on Avidemux 2.6.18 Qt5
hey jan u solved mine subtitle query thanks.

one thing,
why that "shut down computer when finished" .. option wont work ?
even its not working in 64bit.. i checked it.

and

is there any way to know what will be the size of the output converted file !!
this very imp....when i see so and so much file size after 10%... <i multiply it with 10 and then assume the final encoded size which mostly some times gets correct lol)
but after these calculation if i see file size getting much bigger i have to stop the encode process and change the bitrate to low and start again..and still not satisfy then again  :-\
so plz bring some option in avidemux which solve this output file size prob.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: truemate on March 24, 2017, 04:21:44 PM
why that "shut down computer when finished" .. option wont work ?
even its not working in 64bit.. i checked it.

It doesn't work because the option is not evaluated in the code. And even if it were, the underlying code wouldn't work ;-) I've hidden the confusing and dysfunctional checkbox on Linux, but was unsure about Window and then it got forgotten.

Just ignore the checkbox, please.
is there any way to know what will be the size of the output converted file !!

No. 2-pass encoding allows to specify very approximately the desired size, but this value is very unreliable.

hiro

Quote from: truemate on March 24, 2017, 04:21:44 PMis there any way to know what will be the size of the output converted file !!

Hi,

Bitrate calculator...

Avidemux x264 TWO-PASS average bitrate "VERYSLOW" (!) recode, to fit e.g. a small 640 × 360 px. image sized 90 mn long footage, to 1 ordinary 700 MB CD-ROM, with 192 kbs audio + ~8 MB security — EXAMPLE:

692 MB wanted file weight / 5400 seconds / 0.0001199 — 192 kbs audio bitrate = VIDEO BITRATE TO APPLY 876 kbs (or 877, but keep it as safe as possible => 876).

Or:

http://www.dr-lex.be/info-stuff/videocalc.html yields the same result, if set to "overhead": 6 (instead of 2 by default).

Enter wanted file weight to "mebiBytes (MiB):" field, fill PRECISELY top right fields duration + audio bitrate, and "6" to "overhead": probably too much but more secure

in case of a fixed capacity, e.g. 700 MB CD-ROM. And press "Time,size,audio —> video" left button, to read the "Video bitrate" top left field result.

Image quality? Depends on FPS, image size, amount of more or less saturated colors, brightness / contrasts, fast movement or not, lot of cam. pans. or not...

At same bitrate, small image sizes such as 640 × 360 or 720 × 396 pixels + 25 FPS instead of 29.976 + overall dark & calm videos, recode much easier to better visual results.

HD / Full HD? Then, a bright colored 90 mn film with lots of fast movements will NOT fit in 700 MB — while retaining excellent graphical quality (I mean).

For instance, don't complain about "artefacts" on, say... a football game (darn "references"  :o ...) in bright daylight + intense green lawn, with many close-ups!

Try x265 instead; but results not very compatible with all kinds of devices, yet.