News:

--

Main Menu

4K .ts files not opened

Started by alexwilmac, January 12, 2017, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexwilmac

Hello,
I've been used Avidemux for quite a long time and I have always been able to edit my .ts files produced by an Enigma2 STB.
But now that I tried also 4K of various kind, there is no such possibility. I always get this error when I try to open:
Impossible to find a demuxer...
Do I have to install some plugin or is it a limit ov AVD?

Jan Gruuthuse

Most likely you don't have the codec installed on your OS? 4K HEVC? Last tested 16K video, even this works.
Several 4K tests /samples can be found in our youtube channel: Avidemux demo
- TVE 4k sample cut from mp4 to mkv
- vp9 4K video in avidemux slider demo
- HEVC to AVC re-encoding

alexwilmac

The first link you sent is the only, among those 3, in 4K (the second isn't, despite of its name).
The 4K one is correctly viewed.
But my question was exactly this: do I need a 4K codec installed?

Jan Gruuthuse

- 2nd video: When you look @ timeindex0:07, this shows (VP9 3840x2160) the loaded video into avidemux is a 4K video.
- 3rd video is a 2160p HEVC (2160p HEVC (53.6 Mbps)) re-encoded video to AVC.
In youtube player click on cogwheel, settings) (bottom right hand corner) and select Quality and change to 2160p 4K.

My idea, yes a video codec should be installed into  the OS. Do note: I don't have any Mac OS experience.

mean

Nothing to install
It's just the files must be special
I'd need a sample, 10 sec is enough

alexwilmac

I tried to attach a sample but it's 26Mb and here it says the maximum size is 192 Kb!

alexwilmac

Quote from: mean on January 13, 2017, 05:33:46 PM
Nothing to install
It's just the files must be special
I'd need a sample, 10 sec is enough

Now I understand the odd advice...

Jan Gruuthuse

Upload:
Use a free dropbox account, https://www.wetransfer.com/, mega or similar webservice (free public access, without registration to download your uploaded video) thank you.

Jan Gruuthuse

Almost similar to this: HLG 4K test stream (clear)

alexwilmac

So, we hope developers will be able to add these files, because they are the present and not the future of 4K TV. For instance, recently Rai4K broadcast "I Medici" and it was not possible to edit it. The strange was that, also after a reencode by Handbrake, there was no such a chance with AVD.

Jan Gruuthuse

You need to provide 1 minute recording and upload that video and request developers to have a look at this. The channels must be open and not encrypted at time of recording! And cross your fingers developers find time to look at these.
Be aware there is a huge time shortage on developing side!

ps.: currently "Rai 4K" is no longer transmitted by satellite in Europe.

alexwilmac

The link I provided was not good for this purpose?
What is the procedure to submit a file to developers?

mean