[SOLVED] [2.7.7/Win32] Easy way to save list of clips with start/end times?

Started by yetanotherlogin, April 11, 2021, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yetanotherlogin

Hello,

I like using AviDemux to build a list of clips from a long video, and then use ffmpeg to split and join them into a single MP4 file.

Before I attempt to write an AutoIT script, is there an easier way to grab the start+end times for each clip by showing the infos in a dialog through PageUp/PageDown → CTRL+T — since AviDemux isn't a native Windows application, AutoIT can't read the A/B buttons ?

Thank you.

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux and FFmpeg may disagree about timing as Avidemux uses unsigned values for timestamps, i.e. it shifts all timestamps to ensure that the B-frame delay doesn't result in negative DTS (decode timestamps).

Quote from: yetanotherlogin on April 11, 2021, 09:21:27 PMis there an easier way to grab the start+end times for each clip

You could search the log file (%localappdata%\avidemux\admlog.txt) for lines starting with "[setMarkerAPts]" and "[setMarkerBPts]".

Quote from: yetanotherlogin on April 11, 2021, 09:21:27 PM[2.7.7/Win32]

There is no such thing as 32-bit 2.7.7 from legacy-compat branch. There has been a single test build to verify that the build node works, but it is 100% 2.7.6 where the maintenance of the legacy-compat branch for Windows XP compatible build was halted.