News:

--

Main Menu

My Feature Requests v2

Started by jan771, April 01, 2017, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eumagga0x2a

13. You can enter any value within the valid range directly into the spinboxes, no need to change anything for this purpose.

14. Impossible (edit: okay, hard within the current implementation, little to no benefit, would work nicely only with some kind of AI, far beyond the scope of a relatively simple tool like Avidemux)

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on April 06, 2017, 11:38:12 AM
Please retest as requested with DXVA completely disabled. It looks for me like .mpg were just a wrong ending for an actual .TS file here ("Augenwischerei" in other words).

There is a small difference between the 2 containers. See attached screenshot
MPEG-TS = .ts, .tsv, .tsa
MPEG transport stream (MPEG-TS, MTS or TS) is a standard digital container format for transmission and storage of audio, video, and Program and System Information Protocol (PSIP) data.[3] It is used in broadcast systems such as Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB), ATSC and IPTV.

BDAV = m2ts or mts
Blu-ray Disc Audio-Video (BDAV) MPEG-2 Transport Stream (M2TS)  based on the MPEG-2 transport stream

in avidemux Output Format (terms)
1st uses Mpeg-TS Muxer (ff)
2nd uses Mpeg-PS Muxer (ff)

Jan Gruuthuse

@eumagga0x2a & mean
Try saving ComagSL65T2-OKSignalQuality video with Mpeg-PS Muxer (ff) using [Copy] for Video and Audio Output.
It will only try to save as .mpg and fail to do so?
That should not happen, I think?

eumagga0x2a

It should not try this in the first place, I guess? At least it should leave some trace in the log, not just GUI error messages.

jan771

It will fail saving in MPEG-PS unless MPEG-PS allows only MP2-Streams in 720p max resolution. The comag file has 1080p in 50fps and AviDemux does not achieve converting from 1080p 50fps in 720p 25fps in my case.

thus, you have to save in mkv.

Feature Request, Make VOB-files out of comag mpg stream.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: jan771 on April 06, 2017, 05:07:14 PM
Feature Request, Make VOB-files out of comag mpg stream.
See Avidemux Menu: Auto: dvd

jan771

Jan Gruuthuse

there was a spanner in the works. TinyPy throws (_tp_dict_get) KeyError for exit()
Probably this is fixed upon appearance of the new nightly from 2017/04/07 onwards.

Just tested and this works again for 720p, 1080i to dvd format video 720*576

important for 16:9 source vieo: don't forget to set
Source Aspect Ratio: [16.9]
Destination Aspect Ratio: [16:9]

jan771

I have another file AviDemux cannot handle, unless it detects no Audion Lanes. I think it is because Audio is Lane 0, but cannot cut+upload it without changing the lane condiguration.

Jan Gruuthuse

avidemux works only with 4 tracks
0: 1st
1: 2nd
3: 3rd
4: 4th
possible 5.1 fltp issue?
or
1st stream is audio
2nd stream is video
upload small sample of such video, we can guess all day why it happens ;)

jan771

1. It is not because of the fact, that there are more than 4 Lanes, because there are exactly 4
2. It is not because of the fact, that there are fltp e-aac files, because once copy-transcoded, AviDemux can open the file.

=> Maybe it is due to the fact that there was an Audio Stream before the Video Stream or
      Maybe it is due to the fact, that the subtitle Lane cannot be recognized and has an unknown format.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: jan771 on April 07, 2017, 03:30:45 PM
2. It is not because of the fact, that there are fltp e-aac files, because once copy-transcoded, AviDemux can open the file.
transcoding/placing in other container can change some bit/data/.. .
QuoteMaybe it is due to the fact, that the subtitle Lane cannot be recognized and has an unknown format.
Subtitle tracks are ignored.
But again upload small sample of the video, so developers can determine what is going on.

jan771

please tell me how to provide that file, unless it is above 3GB I think I have to use copy -b with a bitwise option, in order to copy the start only?

Jan Gruuthuse

jan771

ok, managed to record another sample AviDemux cannot handle the Audion Lanes... see
https://c.gmx.net/@334663428440331676/djXXsvFRRsaWTpYg-9jgbQ

The original AudioLaneERROR file