Main Menu

Same Qz as input

Started by naszdom, May 03, 2017, 02:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

naszdom

I came across
https://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:guide_to_encoding_types
when I was looking for something else. 

It mentions Same Qz as input as being useful for modifying an existing encoded file.  Just right for hard subtitles I thought.  However I just cannot find it in the configuration of version 2.6.21.  Does it exist in the Windows version for MKV files?

Jan Gruuthuse

You are confusing container formats (mp4, mkv) with MPEG-4 encoding (h263, h264, ...)

mkv can contain a MPEG-4 encoded video

naszdom

The attached is what I see. I am not too concerned about the container. It could easily be an MP4 container.

What I want to do is "extract the 1-pass analysis information already stored in the video frames and reuse it, effectively avoiding a whole pass and saving time." as in the tutorial.  But I do not see how to set it for "Same Qz as input"

eumagga0x2a

In most cases, especially with hw accel enabled, Avidemux doesn't get the quantizing info from video. I don't think that this approach is viable.

naszdom

So does that mean that the avidemux admwiki needs correcting? (see link in first post)

eumagga0x2a

I can only guess that the article targeted xvid/divx as codec and was written with Avidemux 2.5.x in mind. Since then a lot of water has flowed under the bridge.

I'm not into the Avidemux wiki.

naszdom

Thanks for the clarification.

Jan Gruuthuse

Time permitting the main developer does update the Wiki for big changes.

As you're using x264, this would be the place to look: guide_to_encoding_types ââ,¬Â¢ doctop ââ,¬Â¢ h.264
Qz is not mentioned there.

naszdom

Thanks - that will keep me going for a while.

mean

yes, it dates xvid/divx era
With more recent codecs we dont get that info at all