Setting sizes for Cropping can be tedious

Started by Fluffy, May 21, 2017, 10:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy

Having to write in the numbers for the sides
If it can be implemented so you can just drag and select the area with the mouse it would be much nicer

Using the windows version
Thanks!

p3trus

You can adjust the numbers by mouse wheel or cursor up/down (+/- 1) and PgUp/PgDn (+/- 10) -- that works quite well.
Although I wouldn't mind a drag-solution like with the delogo filter.

(What amazes me most about the crop filter is the 'autocrop' feature. Sometimes it works quite well, most of the time it fails completely even when the previous & only filter is 'blacken borders', so that there are true black borders ...)

SMS

It will be much more convenient if the resulting size of the video will be displayed in the same window where we choose the dimensions of the cropping

eumagga0x2a

An implementation of the suggestion pushed, but the interaction with the spinboxes is a bit confusing (spinboxes accept odd values, the size shows the actual dimensions when cropped).

SMS

So be it. I do when cropping is always an even value. The result is always normal. Let the window appear even if just a mathematical result of the cropping.

ReefHound

I would also like a Lock Aspect Ratio checkbox so that I could maintain the original dimensions without stretching, i.e. 16:9.

Special bonus, a helper function to center cropping frame vertically, horizontally, and both.