News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux crashes on second edit

Started by Murray, September 02, 2017, 03:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murray

Hi, no matter what version I use since 2.6.12 every second edit crashes avidemux. If I set the cut points and then hit delete it crashes. If I don't hit delete and move the cursor outside the cut points it's ok. That is a work around, but I often forget and hit delete. The program crashes and I have to wait until I can restart it. It loads the old job and works fine after that.
These are programs I record from tv and edit out the commercials before I watch them. So I edit out the part before the program starts and it's when I edit the first commercial segment that it always crashes.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jan Gruuthuse

You should upgrade 2.6.12 to latest 2.7 http://www.avidemux.org/nightly/win64/ (2017/08/26)

At start of video got to 1st cut (end of commercial) mark [ B] then [Ctrl][X] (cut). All content from begin to [ B] is now gone.
Select editing points only with up or down keyboard arrow. See if that helps.

Murray

Thanks for the reply. I have upgraded to the lastest hoping that would fix it, but it doesn't. I tried using only key frames and it still does it. I should add I get a seek error before it crashes.
I have attached the error message in case it helps.

Jan Gruuthuse

Delete the .idx2 files for related videos.
Try not to use such deep paths, if your on windows?
Is your source DVB-T recording? Does it only happens to this video recording? or same videos (same source)
Clean your temp files (windows/cache) check you do have enough room to edit the video ( approx 2.5 x the video size)
All I can think of, I'm not on windows.

eumagga0x2a

Ctrl+X executes "Cut" which is "Copy to clipboard" and "Delete" in one step.

The only relevant thing is whether the current position is between the markers or outside. If it is the former, Avidemux tries to seek to the time of the A marker. If video decoding fails at this moment, things can go very wrong. Please reproduce this crash and, without restarting Avidemux, compress admlog.txt from the %localappdata%\avidemux folder and attach it to your reply.

Please check also whether you have video decoding via DXVA2 enabled. If yes, disable it.

Murray

I used my laptop as a test and it worked. I am still attaching the admlog as I'd like to get this fixed on my desktop. Let me know if uninstalling all the instances of avidemux is a place to start.

eumagga0x2a

Did it work on your laptop with the very same video?

Anyway, I can reproduce the issue by manipulating ADM_Composer::goToTimeVideo in a way that makes both calls to ADM_Composer::seektoTime fail. This results in _currentSegment getting out of sync with _currentPts, ultimately leading to an assert failing in ADM_Composer::samePicture.

Murray

No, it fails with the newer video's on my laptop. At first I used an older one as a test. When I tried a newer one it also fails. I use Hauppauge capture and Hauppauge hd pvr to record the video's. I can try running them through Handbrake to see if they still fail after.

eumagga0x2a

eumagga0x2a

I've pushed a patch which should make Avidemux more robust against this crash.

Murray

Thanks.  :) How do I get the patch? a nightly build or something?

eumagga0x2a

Either you cross-build yourself or wait for an official nightly to happen.

A sample would be nice nevertheless.

Murray

I'm on slow and metered internet, but I'll see how small a sample I can provide.

Murray

I tried uploading a larger sample, but I think there is a size restriction here. I am attaching a zipped video that is as poor quality as I can record. Plus it's only 3 seconds long, but long enough to reproduce the error.

eumagga0x2a

I can't reproduce the issue with this sample. You should have used a service like WeTransfer and post a link to the file.