News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux 2.7.0 is unworkable :(

Started by YPetr, September 14, 2017, 12:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

Test avidemux 32-bit and report that.
Developer(s) will  hopefully pick up on his thread and reply.

eumagga0x2a

While I am unable to reproduce the issue on Linux, am I right that after pressing the "Previous Frame" button 2-3 times in a rapid sequence a sort of "autoscroll" begins, which finally results in a crash? This kind of a bug, likely attributable to the Qt toolkit, was workarounded in 2.7.0 for the navigation slider by letting the slider handle immediately jump to the click position also on Linux and Windows (it was always this way on Mac). I never tried (and now didn't succeed) to reproduce the issue using the navigation buttons instead of mouse.

eumagga0x2a

Please reproduce the crash with the latest nightly and attach a compressed admlog.txt from %localappdata%\avidemux together with precise steps to reproduce the issue.

eumagga0x2a

Finally got a chance to test on a German Windows 7 SP1 with my own win64 build from the current git master. I cannot reproduce the issue, no matter how hard I try. Unless you provide steps which allow to reproduce the issue, I attribute it to your system.

AQUAR

If the OP looks in his windows system "event viewer" he will note that the crashed ADM is pointing to some faulting module.
ADM log points to NTDLL.DLL and that should be verified by the "event viewer".

If its a system module - a good first step would be to run System File Checker to repair any corrupted system files.
That said the OP has this issue on other PC's as well, so who knows (it doesn't happen on my English OS).