News:

--

Main Menu

Keyframe error

Started by doniel, October 09, 2017, 08:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doniel

I'm editing a video in steps. I chopped the first 54 seconds of the original video, creating Video 2.

I then opened Video 2. Avidemux (2.6) did NOT create an index, which it did for the original video. And when I clicked on the button to advance to the next keyframe, I got an error message: Cannot go to next keyframe. I received no such error message when editing the original video.

eumagga0x2a

1. Please try the latest nightly, 2.6. is EOL (in other words: dead).

2. Please provide some info about the source video (video codec, framerate, container), the selected codec (copy?) and the muxer used to create Video 2.

3. If the problem exists with the latest nightly, please reproduce it and compress and attach Avidemux log (admlog.txt on Windows).

mean

dont put h264 in avi file format
use mkv or mp4

doniel

I've been, and continue to be, sick and am unable to deal with this in the meantime. However, I didn't want the two of you to think that I was ungrateful. Once I'm up to it, I'll post a response.

Thank you!

doniel

In 2.6, it was automatically saved as .mp4 and in 2.7, it was automatically saved as .mkv. Either way, we're fine.

2.7 (Nov. 5th) did appear to eliminate the keyframe error, but it also appears to be buggy. Once again, I chopped off the beginning to create video 2. However, when I opened video 2, the last 1,8 seconds of the portion I'd cut out were there. I created video 3 after chopping off those 1.8 seconds, but video 3 is identical to video 2. Those 1.8 seconds refuse to go away!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: doniel on November 09, 2017, 12:10:07 AM
I chopped off the beginning to create video 2. However, when I opened video 2, the last 1,8 seconds of the portion I'd cut out were there. I created video 3 after chopping off those 1.8 seconds, but video 3 is identical to video 2. Those 1.8 seconds refuse to go away!

Did you place the cuts strictly on keyframes? If not, you can't use the copy mode (the warning about cuts being not on intra should be really an error).

doniel

I don't recall. I can redo it, but I'm not sure whether I need to. I'm not aware of being in copy mode. I began in edit mode and then saved.

Jan Gruuthuse

Copy Mode = both Video and Audio Outputs are left with Copy selected. (see marked red)
There is no edit mode, you are always in edit.

doniel

Thanks for the explanation. I'll redo it and pay attention to whether I'm cutting on a keyframe or not.