Avidemux cannot cut a video into the correct length

Started by question, October 10, 2017, 03:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

question

Ive noticed that sometimes, Avidemux 2.7 cannot seem to cut a video into the correct length.

E.G. Lets say that I have a 1 minute long video and i want to cut it so that the video is only from 00:10 to 00:20. For some reason, Avidemux often includes "extra" seconds outside the 00:10 to 00:20 range. So the resulting video actually contains footage from 00:05 to 00:20, or something like that.

I am cutting the video using the "A/B" markers.

See the screenshot. Why does it do this?

https://imgur.com/a/bQi3c

I tried creating a bug ticket on sourceforge but nobody replied even after several weeks, not sure if anyone checks that tracker anymore.

Jan Gruuthuse

Using Copy mode (no re-encoding) requires you to make the editing points on keyframe, indicated by I-FRM.
Only selectable with
- keyboard up or down arrows
- Go to previous intra frame (keyframe)
- Go to next keyframe.

that is all to it.

TEOL

Thats in my feature questys for you guys to come up with a system to stop that happening it's not right it still does it still I don't think.

Also it's major for an open source editor to have an import button to add extra videos to your editing timelines these days. If Audacity can do it for audio the video one is far behind missing a trick not being able to add extra videos to the timeline yet so I officially requested that too.

This topic being familar to my main questy of keyframe fixing so the black screen you cut it on turns into your keyframe made me bring it up it here as it's exactly the same only that I requested it as a fix questy.

Jan Gruuthuse

drag and drop should work.
pick 1st video, drop onto avidemux. pick 2nd, video, drop onto avidemux, ....

This works only when video are identically coded and same screen and audio formats.

QuoteAvidemux is a simple tool for simple video processing tasks. The keyword here is simple