Is it possible to customize the navigation panel?

Started by arnoldpredator, October 19, 2017, 06:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnoldpredator

Hi folks,

In my personal case going forward just 1 frame, going forward to the next keyframe and to the next black frame is not very useful. I find it a bit difficult to navigate, I would like to change that maybe to fixed temporal times like 1 second, 5 seconds or 20 seconds.

Is there any possibility of doing that?

Maybe if when I click continuously on the "forward next frame" would be faster, that would be great too. Now it is too  slow.

Thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Shift+Right: seek 1 second forwards

Ctrl+Right: seek 2 seconds forwards

Ctrl+Shift+Right: seek 4 seconds forwards

The same with Left for seeking backwards.

Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown: seek 1 minute forwards or backwards (configurable)

Strg+T allows to enter the time you would like to seek to directly.

arnoldpredator

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on October 19, 2017, 06:21:02 PM
Shift+Right: seek 1 second forwards

Ctrl+Right: seek 2 seconds forwards

Ctrl+Shift+Right: seek 4 seconds forwards

The same with Left for seeking backwards.

Ctrl+PageUp/PageDown: seek 1 minute forwards or backwards (configurable)

Strg+T allows to enter the time you would like to seek to directly.

That is so useful, thanks.

I have some questions:

In my case, avidemux 2.7 ctrl + page up or down is to set A and B, instead of going forward 1 minute.

And another question, How can I configure it? Maybe I will chose like 5 frames and I will have a very complete range of buttons.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: arnoldpredator on October 19, 2017, 06:27:56 PM
In my case, avidemux 2.7 ctrl + page up or down is to set A and B, instead of going forward 1 minute.

Oops, my error. "Ctrl+Up/Down" seeks 1 minute forwards or backwards, depending on the setting "Reverse UP and DOWN arrow keys for navigation" in "Edit" --> "Preferences" --> "User Interface".

QuoteHow can I configure it? Maybe I will chose like 5 frames and I will have a very complete range of buttons.

The actions performed by buttons are hardcoded. You would need to modify the source code and rebuild Avidemux to have it to your liking.